The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Next celebrity boxing announced (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5024-next-celebrity-boxing-announced.html)

Mark Padgett Sun May 26, 2002 07:18pm

Based on the success of last week's Celebrity Boxing, Fox has announced the four matchups for the next program. They are:

Jackie Stiles vs. Ryan Stiles
Ed Rush vs. Mr. Ed
Mark Hamil vs. Dorothy Hammil
Mark Cuban vs. Mark McGuire

The National Anthem will be sung by Rasheed Wallace, who will then yell and scream at the referee, Mills Lane. Lane will then promptly kick Rasheed's arse.

I can hardly hold my water. ;)

zebraman Mon May 27, 2002 12:14am

Eminem vs. Jason Williams (weapons allowed).
<P>
Marlon Brando vs. Buster Douglas (sumo).
<P>
Zsa Zsa Gabor vs. Jason Kidd (Bit&%-slap contest).
<P>
Ozzie Osborne vs. Steven Tyler.

Z

Tim Roden Mon May 27, 2002 04:52pm

Do you need a game today?

Mark Padgett Mon May 27, 2002 08:13pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim Roden
Do you need a game today?
No, but a Valium would be helpful.

stripes Tue May 28, 2002 01:09pm

I am convinced that if Fox wants the biggest ratings possible, they have to get the most obvious match...

Hillary Clinton vs. Monica Lewinsky ;)

I would watch that one.

Mark Padgett Tue May 28, 2002 01:49pm

Quote:

Originally posted by stripes
I am convinced that if Fox wants the biggest ratings possible, they have to get the most obvious match...

Hillary Clinton vs. Monica Lewinsky ;)

I would watch that one.

Actually, I'd rather see Hillary vs. Bill. I think she's one tough broad and would kick his arse. He's a wuss.

Sleeper Wed May 29, 2002 10:34am

Here are some more:

Mark Cuban vs. David Stern (no officials)

Alec Baldwin vs. George Bush in a "Loser Leaves the Country" Texas Cage Match

Ken Caminiti vs. Jose Conseco sponsored by Smith Cline Beecham

John Rocker vs. Ryan Leaf

Self Wed May 29, 2002 08:01pm

I wish it was real

Now that I know Celebrity boxing is fake like wrestling, it has lost all appeal. Just another faked reality show. Lots better things to do than watch more wrestling. I get my fill on WWE....haha. Actually I wish celebrity boxing was real then I might tune in. Oh well another show I won't watch.

ChuckElias Wed May 29, 2002 09:41pm

Am I just way too naive? I thought they were pretty real. By that, I mean "not scripted". Really hitting each other with undetermined outcomes. Is that not the case? How did you come to find that out? I don't really care, b/c I haven't watched either one; but if it's faked, then it's even a lower form of debasement.

Chuck

Mark Padgett Wed May 29, 2002 11:52pm

Here's some more upcoming matches:

Larry King vs. Don King
Dan Rather vs. Tom Brokaw
Ronald McDonald vs. Jack (in-the-box)
Rosanne vs. Keiko the whale (same weight class)
KathyLee vs. Vanna White
Juulie vs. Rut (OK, just kidding)

BTW - the John Rocker vs. Ryan Leaf match would be head-butting only, since they would be wearing straightjackets.

rainmaker Thu May 30, 2002 12:48am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
.....Juulie vs. Rut (OK, just kidding)

Whoa, hold on a minute here... I'm not the one that argues with Rutledge. In fact, while I don't always agree with him, I often don't understand the heat that he seems to generate. I don't think there's any bad blood between us...

Besides, I'm at least 5 weight classes larger than him.

Besides, I'm 12th or 15th or something-generation Quaker. I'm genetically bred to be a pacifist.

Self Thu May 30, 2002 06:09am

ChuckElias, Not based on the Chyna interview

The next day they interviewed Chyna on E and were talking about how buttafuco was pushing her around. She replied, "Yea they cut out alot of scenes where I was getting the best of him". Then they asked her, "So were you suprised at how it ended?", Her reply was, "In a way, they filmed 3 or 4 diferent endings, so I didn't know which one they were going to use". So what does that tell you?

I would say FAKE...... Eventually it will come out Survivor is fake also.

Mark Padgett Thu May 30, 2002 11:55am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
.....Juulie vs. Rut (OK, just kidding)

Whoa, hold on a minute here... I'm not the one that argues with Rutledge. In fact, while I don't always agree with him, I often don't understand the heat that he seems to generate. I don't think there's any bad blood between us...

Juulie - I didn't put this in because I think you two argue with each other the most. I put it in because you two are "celebrities".

BTW - I don't care if Survivor turns out to be fake. I don't even watch it. Now - if "Beat The Geeks" turns out to be fake - then I have a problem.