The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Happenings from Girls 8th A game

8th Grade Girls-A Team - (Daughter Plays) - I am friends with one official and known by the other. Neither are looking to move up as they are comfortable with their schedules, but both look to do a good job.

V scorebook raises a scoring question in 2nd qtr concerning score that alledgedly ocurred in 1st qtr. R basically told V scorebook nothing could be checked at this point, should have been brought up when it ocurred.

R also gets an oob pass not tipped call correct that I know she could not see. Later, I asked her how she got that one right. She said she did not see a change in the spin. It happened near me, I confirmed her correct call.

I think I influenced a call, but not intentionally. R was standing near me when H1 jumped for a try. V1 got a hand on the ball to prevent the release. As it was the H1 was bring the ball up from her waist and the hand on the ball happened early and limited the hight of the jump. I said to myself but out loud, that ball was tied-up. R heard me and assisted on the call. But she may have done so even if she didn't hear me. (I keep stats for the team from the front row. I some times do a sort of running commentary of the action out loud. Usually it is to myself or mumbling, but not always. No, Mrs. SamIAm does not sit with me most of the time.)

Interesting issue came up in the 3rd, H1 makes shot and is fouled. H scorer adds the score, though not instructed to. Officials then line them up and announce 2 shots. I knew there would be some questions asked and watched. 1st throw missed, No one rebounded. Then the questions came. Score came off the scoreboard, then went back on. They gave the ball to the visitors even the AP arrow pointed to H.

I did compliment the other official later that she has broken the habit of pointing to the floor on all non-shooting fouls, even when they ocurr in the backcourt.
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 05:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
V scorebook raises a scoring question in 2nd qtr concerning score that alledgedly ocurred in 1st qtr. R basically told V scorebook nothing could be checked at this point, should have been brought up when it ocurred.
Anyone see anything wrong here (other than the spelling )?
Old Fri Dec 05, 2008, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post

Scoring errors can be corrected all the way up till the officials leave the visual confines of the playing court at the conclusion of the game.

Do I win a prize? Perhaps some of your meds
Old Mon Dec 08, 2008, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The R's point was that midway through the 2nd qtr. she could not remember whether a score did or did not happen in the 1st qtr.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2008, 10:49am
Ch1town

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckenna View Post
Scoring errors can be corrected all the way up till the officials leave the visual confines of the playing court at the conclusion of the game.
That, and who cares what the visitors book says...
Old Mon Dec 08, 2008, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Good catch. I missed that part lol

-Josh