The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Man Down Alert!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50110-man-down-alert.html)

stripes2255 Mon Dec 01, 2008 07:41pm

Man Down Alert!!!

Virginia Tech/Wisconsin Game

Bob Donato (sp?) goes down to the canvas in transition and gets up, wipes off and moves on. That mean Hokie student section laughed at him. Oh, I did a little too.

I've never taken a fall, and hope it never happens. I am knocking on hardwood right now. What is the funniest referee fall you have seen?

dweigs Mon Dec 01, 2008 07:56pm

The only time I have personally fell was when I was doing a JV Football game. The play was a sweep play that was coming towards my sideline and as I started running up the sideline myself the person doing the sticks dropped them like they should have but towards the field instead of away from the field. I did a barrel roll over the sticks popped back up and then threw a 15 yard personal foul flag. :)

Mark Padgett Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:19pm

I was knocked over working a croquet match. An errant shot hit me right in the crumpets. OUCH! :eek:

BillyMac Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:31pm

Are You Sure It Was Errant And That He Wasn't Aiming At You ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 554489)
I was knocked over working a croquet match. An errant shot hit me right in the crumpets.

Were you the lead, or the trail?

Mark Padgett Mon Dec 01, 2008 09:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 554492)
Were you the lead, or the trail?

I was the center - of attention, that is. :o

derwil Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07pm

Ugh.....

Had a partner with bad ankles lose it on a transition steal. I was at lead, he was trail. As I got to the baseline I glance up to see which side the ball is coming down on and there he is, sprawled out on the court like a turtle on his back. Poor felle. Happened about the 6:00 mark in the first in front of the student section and - gasp- his 13 year old daughter!!! :eek:

stripes2255 Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:29am

My partner took a dive over the HC kneeling down talking to a player on his bench. Funniest part was my partner ended up on his back and just flailed around for a few seconds like a turtle on his back. I didn't call the play dead quickly because I lost the whistle from my mouth while giggling at the sight.

Mark Padgett Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripes2255 (Post 554611)
Munniest part was my partner ended up on his back and just flailed around for a few seconds like a turtle on his back.

This is OT (so what's new?) but there's a business near here with a signboard that posts funny sayings. This week it's "If a turtle is missing his shell, is he naked or homeless?" BTW - last week it was "Lenin's tomb is a communist plot."

Scrapper1 Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 554634)
This week it's "If a turtle is missing his shell, is he naked or homeless?" BTW - last week it was "Lenin's tomb is a communist plot."

I thought you said they were funny sayings. . . :p :D

fiasco Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripes2255 (Post 554611)
My partner took a dive over the HC kneeling down talking to a player on his bench. Funniest part was my partner ended up on his back and just flailed around for a few seconds like a turtle on his back. I didn't call the play dead quickly because I lost the whistle from my mouth while giggling at the sight.

Was the coach off the court? If so, did he get whacked?

stripes2255 Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:51pm

The court's sideline space is pretty limited, but I think my P was looking back at full-court pressure and wandered too close to the bench. My P was so embarassed that I think he was taking full responsibility.