The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 30, 2008, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Funny from Holiday Tourney....

One of the local Jr High aged AAU coaches here where I live played for IU back in the day. His teams are always very well coached, never run any smack at other teams or give the officials any problems. I've worked several of his games...

This coach is a really good guy and has fun with us refs...Lots of funny dialogue...all in good fun. He's one of those that if he's upset with you, you'll know it...otherwise he's having fun out there. He's pretty quick witted and I had a chance to give him a laugh yesterday...

During Holiday Tourney I'm reffing his game (2-man crew)....I'm on L at this point in 2nd half and have a held ball under the basket. It's going the other way...we are at his end of the floor and he's basically where the C official would be in 3-man.....he says to me with a real serious look on his face...."How can you make that call?"....I smiled and said "That's not the C officials call coach, it's mine!" ....He laughed....

His team rolled...I had morning games today but I'm sure they probably won the tourney for 8th grade....
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs View Post
One of the local Jr High aged AAU coaches here where I live played for IU back in the day.
Must be some kind of prodigy!