The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 23, 2008, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Worked my first 3-Person yesterday...

I worked my first three person game yesterday, and I must say I was a little leery of it at first. After only doing 2 person, it was strange. I got a little confused on the switching at first, but after a minute or two I picked it up just fine. It's so much easier than 2 person.

I wish my association would go to 3 Person full time. Around here it's all 2 person up until the playoff Semi-Finals and then 3 Person the rest of the way
Old Sun Nov 23, 2008, 07:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

This Time I Checked A Map ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
I wish my association would go to 3 Person full time. Around here it's all 2 person up until the playoff Semi-Finals and then 3 Person the rest of the way
Hey. You guys are from Southern California. How will you all be ready for a full NCAA Division I schedule in two, or three years, unless you start getting more familiar with three-person mechanics?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Nov 23, 2008, 08:05pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
I got a little confused on the switching at first, but after a minute or two I picked it up just fine.
You're a better man then me if you picked up the switches "after a minute or two".....I was concentrating on my Primary and not trying to let "my eyes wander", I zoned out a couple of times and got caught in no man's land.

Our Association is also trying to get us "less experienced" refs (the one's who traditionally do 2-man) more time with 3-man during our scrimmages. I struggled a bit, but am thankful for the patience of my senior, more experienced partners and especially the really critical, but helpful instruction from our training teams.

While I feel much better about 3-man now than I did a week ago, I still have a ways to go before I'll feel really comfortable. I hope I continue to get the opportunity to learn.....
Old Sun Nov 23, 2008, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
You're a better man then me if you picked up the switches "after a minute or two".....I was concentrating on my Primary and not trying to let "my eyes wander", I zoned out a couple of times and got caught in no man's land.
Well I'm sure I'm not perfect, but it seemed to get easier for me. My partners (3-person veterans) told me I did a good job.

Once I realized that I needed to pay attention to which side the lead was on it seemed to go smoother