The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - Happy Halloween everybody (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49657-ot-happy-halloween-everybody.html)

Mark Padgett Fri Oct 31, 2008 04:17pm

OT - Happy Halloween everybody

Anyone else besides me wearing their referee uniform today as a costume? I was going to wear a coaches costume, but it would have to be an assistant coach since, at my house, my wife is the head coach. I didn't want to do that because I wanted to be able to stand up whenever a kid came to the door for candy. :D

If a kid grabs too much candy I'm going to blow my whistle and issue a T. :p

rainmaker Fri Oct 31, 2008 04:53pm

I"ll be out with a little surgeon, and a little ninja. Home as early as possible since I have a bad cold. At least it's not supposed to rain!

tjones1 Fri Oct 31, 2008 04:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker (Post 547797)
I"ll be out with a little surgeon, and a little ninja. Home as early as possible since I have a bad cold. At least it's not supposed to rain!

Have fun, Juulie! Hope you get better!! Good to see you post! :)

Mark... are you wearing your trademarked patent leather clown shoes? Or are those exclusively reserved for the court? Fish nets?

Happy Halloween everyone!

Back In The Saddle Fri Oct 31, 2008 05:04pm

Yep. I'm sporting the stripes today. Good thing too. By wearing the uni today I discovered my pants need to be taken in in time to get it done. :D

Mark Padgett Fri Oct 31, 2008 05:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 547799)
Have fun, Juulie! Hope you get better!! Good to see you post! :)

Mark... are you wearing your trademarked patent leather clown shoes? Or are those exclusively reserved for the court? Fish nets?

Happy Halloween everyone!

Yeah - I've got on the clown shoes and fishnets. I also put lipstick on my dog. :p

Hey - it was so cold today that Sarah Palin put Chapstick on a pit bull! :D

grunewar Fri Oct 31, 2008 06:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 547800)
By wearing the uni today I discovered my pants need to be taken in in time to get it done. :D

"Taken in" is certainly better than the alternative! Good for you!! Now, go finish all that leftover Candy!? ;)

BillyMac Fri Oct 31, 2008 06:43pm

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti ...

I'm an environmental analytical chemist. Every couple of months, a local priest, wearing a black suit, with a cerical collar, brings in his well water to be tested. Today, a lot of us brought in our kids, in costume, for a Halloween pizza party. I usually bring in a bag of candy to pass out to the kids. As I was walking through the lobby, wearing my lab coat, gloves, and safety glasses, I handed a candy bar to the priest and said, "Nice costume. I think I'll dress up like a priest next year", and I kept on walking. One of our receptionists is new, and she thought that I didn't know he was a real priest. She said that he got a real laugh out of this. Thank God that he had a sense of humor, or I'd be damned to hell, or worse, I'd be fired.

26 Year Gap Fri Oct 31, 2008 07:36pm

Maybe he will show up for his next water test wearing a lab coat.

Mark Padgett Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:17pm

When one group of kids came to the door tonight, something funny happened. I opened the door and they said "trick or treat". As I reached to get them candy out of the bowl, their dad, who was standing in the street, said, "Oh. He's an umpire". One girl, who looked about 10 or 11, turned toward him and said, "He's a referee, Dad. Don't you know anything? Sheesh!" :D

26 Year Gap Sat Nov 01, 2008 02:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 547874)
When one group of kids came to the door tonight, something funny happened. I opened the door and they said "trick or treat". As I reached to get them candy out of the bowl, their dad, who was standing in the street, said, "Oh. He's an umpire". One girl, who looked about 10 or 11, turned toward him and said, "He's a referee, Dad. Don't you know anything? Sheesh!" :D

I guess you must have tossed at her last game.

Mark Padgett Sat Nov 01, 2008 08:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 547935)
I guess you must have tossed at her last game.

I've never "tossed" at a game. I make sure I don't eat just before a game. :o

Now if you mean I "tossed" her, no way. I don't throw out little kids, only their parents. I do have a quota to fulfill.