The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Cool How many technical fouls is a team allowed before the official would call the game a

If team A receives 3 technicals, would that substantiate the officiating crew calling the game?
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

I'm never calling a game (not a sanctioned high school game, anyway - if I were crazy enough to do wreck league maybe) based on a number of technicals.

Incidents that would require calling a game are extreme and should be judged as so, independent from any particular number of technical fouls, etc.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

the rules are specific, you would have to declare the game a travisty to call it, that could be after 0 technicals or 30 technicals, you have to declare the gave a travesty.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:45pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I've never had a situation like this, but I would NEVER set a number. What if a team fails to enter the names in the book on time, a player hangs on the rim in the second quarter, and then in the 3rd quarter a player deceitfully fails to enter the court from out of bounds? Are those T's significant enough to say - that's 3, game over!? No way.

Now, if you have a coach who throws a tantrum, a bench that goes wild, multiple fights, taunting, etc........each case must stand on it's own merit. But, like I said, I've never been there. JMO
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

You know what, I got mixed up with the 2 technicals on an individual causing him/her to be tossed and applied it as a team rule, now that I think about it, I remember our instructor saying that the game would have to be called only if it is becoming a travesty! Thanks guys!