The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WOT (way off topic) but maybe funny (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49546-wot-way-off-topic-but-maybe-funny.html)

Mark Padgett Sun Oct 26, 2008 02:20pm

WOT (way off topic) but maybe funny

Yeah, I know jokes generally go in the general forum, but since this is just basketball officiating related, and I formerly quoted it in this forum, I thought it just might be OK.

Let's see who can give the best answer to: "How many assistant coaches does it take to change a light bulb?" The winner gets an 8 x10 glossy of Billy Packer with a muzzle over his mouth suitable for framing. It makes an exquisite dart board. (if I can find one, that is).

My answer: Two. One to change the bulb and one to substitute for the head coach I tossed because he was obnoxious, offensive, obscene, didn't respond to my warning and generally was a royal pain in the butt.

OK, you're turn.

JugglingReferee Sun Oct 26, 2008 02:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 545986)
Yeah, I know jokes generally go in the general forum, but since this is just basketball officiating related, and I formerly quoted it in this forum, I thought it just might be OK.

Let's see who can give the best answer to: "How many assistant coaches does it take to change a light bulb?" The winner gets an 8 x10 glossy of Billy Packer with a muzzle over his mouth suitable for framing. It makes an exquisite dart board. (if I can find one, that is).

My answer: Two. One to change the bulb and one to substitute for the head coach I tossed because he was obnoxious, offensive, obscene, didn't respond to my warning and generally was a royal pain in the butt.

OK, you're turn.

"You're turn"?

Mark Padgett Sun Oct 26, 2008 05:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 545988)
"You're turn"?

Yes. You are a turn, er, tern.

BillyMac Sun Oct 26, 2008 05:29pm

WOT, Definitely NOT Funny ...

Quote:

WOT but maybe funny

You may want to go to Advanced Edit and try another title? WOT is the acronym of The White Order of Thule, a loosely organized society formed in the mid-1990's. It described itself as an "esoteric brotherhood working toward the revitalization of the Culture-Soul of the European people". The Southern Poverty Law Center has described it as a racist hate group.

PAULK1 Sun Oct 26, 2008 07:42pm

I say 4: 1 to change the bulb, 1 to yell 3 seconds, 1 to yell over the back,
and 1 to yell reaching.

just another ref Sun Oct 26, 2008 07:44pm

None. Assistant coaches are totally in the dark.

This was way too easy.

Camron Rust Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 546019)
You may want to go to Advanced Edit and try another title? WOT is the acronym of The White Order of Thule, a loosely organized society formed in the mid-1990's. It described itself as an "esoteric brotherhood working toward the revitalization of the Culture-Soul of the European people". The Southern Poverty Law Center has described it as a racist hate group.

Maybe that and dozens of other meanings. I'm sure you could find a "bad" meaning for just about any acronym. :rolleyes:

BillyMac Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52pm

"Goodnight moon. Goodnight cow jumping over the moon." ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 546108)
Maybe that and dozens of other meanings. I'm sure you could find a "bad" meaning for just about any acronym.

Sounds like a challenge, but I'm getting tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Mark Padgett Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 546108)
Maybe that and dozens of other meanings. I'm sure you could find a "bad" meaning for just about any acronym. :rolleyes:

Yeah -I thought of a good one for BillyMac but I can't print it on a "family" discussion board. :rolleyes:

CoachP Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:24pm

Quote:

OK, you're turn.

How many referees does it take to change a light bulb??

NONE!

The first one said, "Coach, I didn't see the bad light bulb."
The 2nd said, "Coach, the light bulb wasn't in my primary."
The 3rd said, "Coach, I'll change the light bulb 2 of the next 3 times"

SonikBoom Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42pm

I've been looking all through the books, and I can't find anywhere that allows an assistant up off the bench for the purpose of changing a light bulb! Wouldn]t it be a T?

OHBBREF Mon Oct 27, 2008 01:07pm

Wot (musical instrument), a circular panpipe used in the music of Isan, Thailand, played by assistant coaches to sooth the head coach durring games

WOT (WEB of TRUST) is a security add-on that warns assistant coaches about the risky business of getting up and trying to change light bulbs during live actions.

BillyMac Mon Oct 27, 2008 09:03pm

Like Mark Twain, or O. Henry, All Of Us Great Writers Have One ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 546218)
Yeah -I thought of a good one for BillyMac but I can't print it on a "family" discussion board.

It's a pseudonym, not an acronym.

Mark Padgett Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 546390)
It's a pseudonym, not an acronym.

Actually, it's a psychonym. ;)