The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 23, 2008, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

A Little Help

A little backround, I have been off 2 years as a certified offical. As such I had to take part I of the NFHS over again. I received my test back and missed 4 questins. I found my mistakes on three of the four, but for the life of me cannot find my mistake on the fourth. When we receive our incorrects back, they do not point to a specific question but a group of questions. I very much agree with this idea. However after much review have drawn a blank on this final quetion I missed.

So any help would be greatly appreciated, as such here is the group with my reasoning.

"61. When an entire team is wearing illegal jerseys, only one team technical foul is assessed."

answer T; 10-5-4 PEN

"62.When an entire team is wearing illegal headbands, a technical foul is assessed directly to the head coach."

answer F; pg 70 comments and head bands come under equipment and not uniform. Remove or don't play.

"63. It is a technical foul if a player leaves the court for an unauthorized reason."

answer F; 9-3-3 violation: failure to return or deceit=T

"64. The throw-in is a designated spot nearest the violation after a goaltending violation by B1."

answer F; 7-5-7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

CK

Last edited by CK; Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 09:14pm.
Old Thu Oct 23, 2008, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

you missed 61. it is no longer a team tech for illegal uniforms it goes directly to the head coach see 10-5-4 this is a rule change this year.
Old Thu Oct 23, 2008, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULK1 View Post
you missed 61. it is no longer a team tech for illegal uniforms it goes directly to the head coach see 10-5-4 this is a rule change this year.
Good catch, I missed that one too. I read it to mean that only one team foul was counted with regards to the bonus. I think it can an will be read that way by many that know that the coach is charged directly....becasue it still counts a as a team foul and it is also a technical foul.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 05:50pm.
Old Fri Oct 24, 2008, 03:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULK1 View Post
Old Fri Oct 24, 2008, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks everyone. I agree, good catch Paulk. Camron, that is exactly how I read it, with the understanding that only one penalty is assessed regardless of the number of infractions and charged directly to the head coach. The "team" part I was appling to the number of team fouls assessed. So in a sense it does seem true as worded. If you missed it, I don't feel so bad now.

Thanks again

CK