The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Opposite table (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49458-opposite-table.html)

Ch1town Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:19pm

Opposite table

Did anybody notice that the officials go opposite table after reporting fouls (IAABO)?

Is this true for non-IAABO States too?

Raymond Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:35pm

For 2-man? Yes.

truerookie Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 544527)
For 2-man? Yes.

Except Texas, they stay table side.

Ch1town Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 544527)
For 2-man? Yes.

Guess that info would be pertinent... I meant in 3 person like NCAA-M.

jritchie Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:37pm

NCAA changed back to going opposite last year, I look for NFHS to follow soon! Too many long conversations going on after calls. The idea was good to have the calling official stay around and talk to coaches, but I believe they have said they are taking to much now, so they will be looking at changing it back.

truerookie Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jritchie (Post 544531)
NCAA changed back to going opposite last year, I look for NFHS to follow soon! Too many long conversations going on after calls. The idea was good to have the calling official stay around and talk to coaches, but I believe they have said they are taking to much now, so they will be looking at changing it back.

Do you really think they will go back to opposite table at the lower level?

Ch1town Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:45pm

Looking at the diagrams in my 2009 IAABO book it shows the calling official going opposite table after reporting, on shooting & non-shooting fouls.

Snaqs - Can you confirm?

truerookie Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town (Post 544538)
Looking at the diagrams in my 2009 IAABO book it shows the calling official going opposite table after reporting, on shooting & non-shooting fouls.

Snaqs - Can you confirm?

Is that the NCAA sec or Fed?

Ch1town Tue Oct 21, 2008 01:48pm

HS Edition

jritchie Tue Oct 21, 2008 02:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by truerookie (Post 544537)
Do you really think they will go back to opposite table at the lower level?

Hopefully!:D

Scrapper1 Tue Oct 21, 2008 02:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town (Post 544518)
Did anybody notice that the officials go opposite table after reporting fouls (IAABO)?

I did not notice. Thanks for mentioning it!

Adam Tue Oct 21, 2008 04:51pm

Holy crap! You're right, right there on page 162. Our first meeting is in two weeks; I'll have to bring it up if no one else does.

M&M Guy Tue Oct 21, 2008 05:03pm

I really hope the Fed. doesn't change the mechanic - I like being able to answer a coach's question if they have one, without having to yell and/or gesture across the floor. Most of the time a coach just wants a clarification on a call, and going across just tends to increase their frustration level at not being able to communicate and find out information. I have also seen certain coaches that like to make those gestures to you from afar, but when you stand right next to them, they lose that opportunity and they seem to behave a little better overall.