The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coaches instructions to referees (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49262-coaches-instructions-referees.html)

mick Tue Oct 07, 2008 07:51am

Coaches instructions to referees

Girls' Middle school.
Saying "hello" to the coach he begins his conversation with how the tournaments are in 3 weeks, and he implies that he would like the game called tightly because that's the way he teaches his girls to play (i.e., by the rules). (In my mind, that makes the game easier to call, a little longer, but easier to call.)

I agreed and asked him if he would have the player with the green T-shirt remove it from under her Maroon jersey. :)

Adam Tue Oct 07, 2008 08:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 541620)
Girls' Middle school.
Saying "hello" to the coach he begins his conversation with how the tournaments are in 3 weeks, and he implies that he would like the game called tightly because that's the way he teaches his girls to play (i.e., by the rules). (In my mind, that makes the game easier to call, a little longer, but easier to call.)

I agreed and asked him if he would have the player with the green T-shirt remove it from under her Maroon jersey. :)

:D You're my hero.

dblref Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 541636)

You obviously have very low standards.:D

mick Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref (Post 541673)

Ha!

Fritz Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:42pm

sounds like the 7th grade boys coach I had last week who pulled me aside during an early timeout and asked if my partner and I would watch for the three second violation closely because "we've really been working on our guys getting in and out of the lane a lot this past week and their #33 seems to be spending a lot of time camped in the lane. I wouldn't want my boys to think that we are the only ones that have to do it."

"Sure coach, I understand. In fact, I've told your #24 to get out the lane the last three times down the court, so I'll stop warning either team and just start blowing the whistle. That should get the message across."

:D

BktBallRef Tue Oct 07, 2008 01:36pm

Had a girls' coach in a private school varsity game come over to myself and the other U during pre-game and tell us how he wanted the game called.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us, the R was informing his assistant coach that we would start the game with a T since they hadn't furnished the scorer with a roster and starters. :)

Coltdoggs Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:12pm

This weekend, 7th grade coach informed me "there is some biasedness going on out there".

They were up 15!

Thanks coach, I'll keep an eye on it! ;):D

Back In The Saddle Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 541727)
Had a girls' coach in a private school varsity game come over to myself and the other U during pre-game and tell us how he wanted the game called.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us, the R was informing his assistant coach that we would start the game with a T since they hadn't furnished the scorer with a roster and starters. :)

That's just classic! :)

BktBallRef Tue Oct 07, 2008 07:55pm

Ain't it though? :D

Adam Tue Oct 07, 2008 09:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltdoggs (Post 541749)
This weekend, 7th grade coach informed me "there is some biasedness going on out there".

They were up 15!

Thanks coach, I'll keep an eye on it! ;):D

"Biasedness"?

Frankly my dear, that's worth a T; at least a stern warning for calling you a cheater.

Kingsman1288 Wed Oct 08, 2008 04:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 541857)
"Biasedness"?

Frankly my dear, that's worth a T; at least a stern warning for calling you a cheater.

Ditto. I wouldn't have even bothered with the warning and just whacked him.

Adam Wed Oct 08, 2008 06:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 541636)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblref (Post 541673)

Perhaps.