Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

i have serios question about basketball plz help me

hello
iam 15 years old
i play for 4 years now iam really good i mean really good at handles i got a good shot inside the box iam 6 2
when i started playing basketball my first goal was handles and i got it a can do any dribble any trick its really easy for me
but my problem is when i play a game i mean like 4 on 4 i get scared!!!!!!
a lot its like when i get the ball i go in panic i either shoot or pass but at same time i know that i can brake any bodys ankles on this court i just get scared
and the thing is when i play with my friends iam totally fine i think its because i know them i do m best and do lots of tricks
so can somebody give me tips on how to not be scared of the ball!!!!!!!!?????????????
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 09:49am
Esteemed Forum Member

At Least It's Not Spam ...

Wow. Here's something that we didn't discuss in the recent "Moderators" thread.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 11:05am
Keeper of the HAMMER

You're in the wrong spot, DEN. We discuss the game from an officiating perspective here, not a playing perspective.
That said, practice a lot. And quit thinking so much when you're playing.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den999 View Post
hello
iam 15 years old
i play for 4 years now iam really good i mean really good at handles i got a good shot inside the box iam 6 2
when i started playing basketball my first goal was handles and i got it a can do any dribble any trick its really easy for me
but my problem is when i play a game i mean like 4 on 4 i get scared!!!!!!
a lot its like when i get the ball i go in panic i either shoot or pass but at same time i know that i can brake any bodys ankles on this court i just get scared
and the thing is when i play with my friends iam totally fine i think its because i know them i do m best and do lots of tricks
so can somebody give me tips on how to not be scared of the ball!!!!!!!!?????????????
Go to the coach at your high school privately and talk to him about your problem. Then do whatever he tells you to. Keep doing whatever he tells you. This is the kind of problem coaches love, and he knows how to get you over the psychological wall and headed down the road to success. Also quit thinking about yourself. Think about the whole team. See the game from the larger persepective. Fit yourself into the team, rather than just trying to find ways to show off. But, that's also what your coach will tell you.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Billy, I don't think English is his first language, so how about we cut him a break

Den, this an officiating (referees) site, so we're not necessarily the best resource for improving your game.

However, don't worry about "handles" or breaking ankles. That's not what the game is about. Developing your shot, passing skills, and defense will take you farther. Good luck.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Closed Thread