The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Euro player in grocery line (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49087-euro-player-grocery-line.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Sep 24, 2008 02:50pm

Euro player in grocery line

I was in line at the grocery store this morning and there was a really, really tall guy in front of me. While we were waiting, we started talking. He said his name was Frank Sanders and he played pro ball in Italy about 10 years ago. I asked him how tall he was and he said 6'11". He actually seemed taller, but I have heard that some guys who are over 7 feet tall don't like to admit that because they think people will consider them weird.

Here's the funny part. The woman in line in front of him apparently forgot her "preferred customer card" and said to the checker (who was a guy), "Let me give you my phone number". This was so he could enter it into the system and give her customer account credit for the purchase. Frank turned to me and said, "I want a job where women give you their phone number."

Hey - I thought it was funny. Anyway, anybody ever hear of this guy?

M&M Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 04:11pm

I seem to remember a Frank Sanders that played in the NFL, but I don't think he was that tall.

Getting phone numbers from women is one thing. Getting phone numbers from the right women is another...

eg-italy Wed Sep 24, 2008 04:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 539089)
Hey - I thought it was funny. Anyway, anybody ever hear of this guy?

No Frank Sanders that I can remember; there's no trace of him also in the net. Incorrect name?

Ciao

Adam Wed Sep 24, 2008 04:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 539103)
Getting phone numbers from women is one thing. Getting phone numbers from the right women is another...

Preach it!

Mark Padgett Wed Sep 24, 2008 06:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eg-italy (Post 539108)
No Frank Sanders that I can remember; there's no trace of him also in the net. Incorrect name?

Ciao

Maybe he said Frank Saunders. Or maybe he said Colonel Sanders. :D

(imagine a jpg file of Colonel Sanders with a bucket of chicken here)

BillyMac Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:08pm

Please Say It Ain't So ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 539128)
(imagine a jpg file of Colonel Sanders with a bucket of chicken here)

Are you also trying to give up your addiction to inane, irrelevant, idiotic, and annoying images? Come on. Give us a little peak at Colonel Sanders. What harm can come from one little image. I just checked the internet. There are lots of cool Colonel Sanders images available. Most Forum members would get a good laugh out of it. You would be enriching their lives. Anyway, it's a victimless crime. Just one more little image, then you can give it up.

M&M Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:34pm

Back to your 12-step programs - both of you!

Adam Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 539134)

Talk about co-dependency.

justacoach Thu Sep 25, 2008 01:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 539134)

I heard of one the other day that deals with people that talk too much. Its called Al anon and on and on....

Sorry, no inane picture available.

BillyMac Thu Sep 25, 2008 06:06am

It was easier giving up heroin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 539161)
Sorry, no inane picture available.

I bet that I could find one for you. The image would also be irrelevant, idiotic, and annoying. I'm sure that there are lots of images on the internet of people talking. I could send it to you in a private message, and then you could post it.

Nevermind.