The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Blazers-Lakers Blarge Call (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/4776-blazers-lakers-blarge-call.html)

rockyroad Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:02pm

As we have discussed this situation many times on the board, it was interesting to see the double whistle on the drive to the bucket in the Blazers - Lakers game today...the C and the L both had whistles on a drive by a Blazer - Anderson I think - and both officials came out ready to hammer their call, both realized the other had a whistle, made eye contact, C said something, L nodded, and C hammered the offensive foul call...replay showed it was the right call. Don't have a clue what the L was gonna call, but with all the times it has come up here, it was nice to see the L - Steve Javie - and the C -???- hold up on their signals and not have a blarge call...

btw:Thank God the Jailblazers are finally gone...

mick Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
As we have discussed this situation many times on the board, it was interesting to see the double whistle on the drive to the bucket in the Blazers - Lakers game today...the C and the L both had whistles on a drive by a Blazer - Anderson I think - and both officials came out ready to hammer their call, both realized the other had a whistle, made eye contact, C said something, L nodded, and C hammered the offensive foul call...replay showed it was the right call. Don't have a clue what the L was gonna call, but with all the times it has come up here, it was nice to see the L - Steve Javie - and the C -???- hold up on their signals and not have a blarge call...

YU.P., dj,
On the double whistle it is always nice <b>to agree to agree</b>. :)
mick

JRutledge Mon Apr 29, 2002 01:52am

Do not understand that comment.

Quote:

Now why they have to be the "Jailblazers?"

:(

Bart Tyson Mon Apr 29, 2002 08:05am

JR.... what are we going to do with you...Hmmm..., Lets seeeee, JR, Word game, I say, bad boys team, You say____________.

rockyroad Mon Apr 29, 2002 09:34am

They aren't the Jailblazers NOW...they have been the Jailblazers for several years - ever since the JR Rider fiasco...now we have two of the top three, and three of the top 10 Technical foul earners of the NBA, we have drug arrests, we have a rapist, we have...the list goes on and on...and lest anyone forget, I live about 10 miles from Portland - so every time Rasheed goes off, or Bonzi begins his tired act, or Dale Davis takes his jersey off and flips off the crowd, or they give up a 5 point lead in 31 seconds - I too hand my head in shame...

ChuckElias Mon Apr 29, 2002 09:46am

Quote:

I too hand my head in shame...
Who do you hand it to? :D

Seriously, what's the "rapist" story? I haven't heard that. And what's "Bonzi's act"? Guess I'm glad I'm 3,000 miles away.

Chuck

rockyroad Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:06am

Hate it when my fingers hit the wrong keys...the rapist is Ruben Patterson, who - while with the Sonics last year - forced his kid's nanny (18 at the time) into a bathroom and well...you get the picture. Seattle promptly cut him, and the Blazers instantly picked him up...Bonzi's act is what made him the #3 T-getter in the league, behind only Rasheed and Karl Malone...he whines and throws temper-tantrums on a regular basis...he and Rasheed are pretty good friends, so he figures if it's good enough for Sheed, it's good enough for him...

JRutledge Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:27am

I do not think that is fair.

Quote:

Hate it when my fingers hit the wrong keys...the rapist is Ruben Patterson, who - while with the Sonics last year - forced his kid's nanny (18 at the time) into a bathroom and well...you get the picture. Seattle promptly cut him, and the Blazers instantly picked him up...Bonzi's act is what made him the #3 T-getter in the league, behind only Rasheed and Karl Malone...he whines and throws temper-tantrums on a regular basis...he and Rasheed are pretty good friends, so he figures if it's good enough for Sheed, it's good enough for him...
Well I do not think that a rapist and a player that gets a Technical foul are people that should be put into the same category. Technical fouls are not against the law, but rapping someone is. Technical fouls (or behavior that gets you one) are against the rule of basketball and nothing else.

I just do not find that funny or appropriate. But then again, I guess Rasheed Wallace with all his faults, seems to be a good father and mostly a good person off the court needs be be lumped with a person that has committed a crime in a court of law. If that person was convicted yet.

Peace

rockyroad Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:46am

No Patterson wasn't convicted - he pled guilty...and thanks for sharing your opinion. Having seen Rasheed Wallace in the community, and seen the way he treats people - other than his own wife and kids - I have no respect for the man. That's my opinion...

BktBallRef Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:51am

Re: I do not think that is fair.

Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge
Technical fouls are not against the law, but rapping someone is.
No, but rap should be against the law! :D

ChuckElias Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:57am

Re: Re: I do not think that is fair.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

Amen!! Especially when played before HS basketball games. It's horrible. :(

Chuck

Mark Dexter Mon Apr 29, 2002 04:08pm

Re: Re: Re: I do not think that is fair.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:

Chuck
Indirect T to the home team for bad warm-up music? I like :D

mick Mon Apr 29, 2002 06:03pm

Yikes !!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Quote:

Chuck
Indirect T to the home team for bad warm-up music? I like :D
How old you guys are acting.
Sweet Georgia Brown is gone, fellas.
You sound like your fathers!

JRutledge Mon Apr 29, 2002 07:54pm

Re: Re: Re: I do not think that is fair.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Quote:

Chuck
So what should they play, Crosby, Stills and Nash?

I would rather eat paint with no hot sauce!!

;)

Peace

ChuckElias Mon Apr 29, 2002 08:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: I do not think that is fair.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:

So what should they play, Crosby, Stills and Nash?

I would rather eat paint with no hot sauce!!
Those are my choices?!?! CSN or (c)rap? That's not fair. How about the Jackson 5? I did a game last season where they must've had a Jackson 5 greatest hits album or something. That was pretty good stuff. Maybe that's a happy medium.

Chuck