The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Ok...8 years...this was a first tonight! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/46761-ok-8-years-first-tonight.html)

Coltdoggs Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01pm

Ok...8 years...this was a first tonight!

Working summer JrHS local league...Girls tonight...(jey, I'm going to Vegas in 2 weeks and the $20/game is coming in handy!) :D

Inbounding from the baseline, tableside...(i'm trail)....my P hands the ball to the girl for inbound...she does the customary slap the ball, yells GO! and the players start moving/screening/trying to get free/cartwheels :eek:

Yes...I said CARTWHEELS....One girl went from basline, out to wing around the top of the key and by God she started into 4 continuous cartwheels as she made her way back to the baseline other side of the basket all the while yelling something! :confused:

I guess the intent was to distract the other team....it didn't work...they threw the ball away :p

I was both speechless and dumbfounded wondering if I had anything to call....She made no contact with anyone....I was frozen...so much so that I forgot to ask my P what he thought of it at the next dead ball!!

Mark Padgett Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43pm

Yeah, but was she barking? :p

JugglingReferee Tue Jul 29, 2008 06:10am

I'm positive that someone else posted a message, within the previous 2 years I would say, about cartwheels during a game, but the search function only shows a thread from 6 years ago about a USA FIBA-loss.

Anyways, funny stuff, OP.

mick Tue Jul 29, 2008 06:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
Yes...I said CARTWHEELS....One girl went from basline, out to wing around the top of the key and by God she started into 4 continuous cartwheels as she made her way back to the baseline other side of the basket all the while yelling something! :confused:

Ah, youth sports does create many memories.

Adam Tue Jul 29, 2008 07:02am

10 to 1 the girls came up with that idea on their own; and coach didn't know any better.

mick Tue Jul 29, 2008 07:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
10 to 1 the girls came up with that idea on their own; and coach didn't know any better.

I'll take that.
I got 7-2 a bleedin' heart liberal coach added the play "just to make it fun for the girls." :)

Adam Tue Jul 29, 2008 08:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
I'll take that.
I got 7-2 a bleedin' heart liberal coach added the play "just to make it fun for the girls." :)

Probably somewhere in the middle. Popular girl on the team thought of it, and BHLC thought it sounded fun; I'm guessing BHLC's team lost by 15 or more points. Unless they were playing Bleading Heart Hippy Coach's team.

ranjo Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I'm positive that someone else posted a message, within the previous 2 years I would say, about cartwheels during a game, but the search function only shows a thread from 6 years ago about a USA FIBA-loss.

Anyways, funny stuff, OP.

I posted one. See http://forum.officiating.com/showthread.php?t=40170 at the bottom.

JugglingReferee Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjo

Ah yes, I recall that thread. The sommersault. :D But it was only 7 months ago.

GoodKolbeMan Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:05pm

I've often wished I knew how to do a cartwheel for those times when doing a game of say 10 year olds and one team is up like 20-0 and the other team FINALLY scores! Just a quick 'yippee' cartwheel :p

grunewar Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodKolbeMan
I've often wished I knew how to do a cartwheel for those times when doing a game of say 10 year olds and one team is up like 20-0 and the other team FINALLY scores! Just a quick 'yippee' cartwheel :p

I'd leave that to the cheerleaders and fans/parents. If one of my crew tried that, I'd probably be working the rest of the game myself.......I can just hear the SNAP, CRACKLE, and POP! ;)