The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Denver (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/4650-denver.html)

stripes Tue Apr 16, 2002 01:29pm

I am considering re-locating to Denver and am interested in any information about the refereeing scene there. I know that the RMAC is mostly in Co. Are there other (non-D1) college games to work? Do people work the Jayhawk league out of Denver? What other higher level of B-ball is there to work?

Thanks for the help.

Bart Tyson Tue Apr 16, 2002 03:16pm

I know officials work the Jayhawk who are from CO. However i don't know if they are from Denver.

BOBBYMO Tue Apr 16, 2002 03:56pm

Stripes... I just sent you an e-mail with a contact in Denver. I hope that it will help you out in some way!!!

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:45am

I really don't know anything about the situation in Denver, but recently I was in Las Vegas and I read that they are so desperate for officials, they are paying relocation bonuses! Really! It seems they're building something like 14 new high schools in the next 6 years or some ridiculous figure like that.

Vegas is about the most booming city in America as far as population. I've been there a "million" times since the late 1950s (really - my grandparents used to live there and I visited every summer) plus I lived there for a year in 1970 and still go about twice a year, usually for trade shows. I wouldn't mind moving back at all, but my wife hates it there and wouldn't even consider going with me.

Hmmmmmm...........

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 17, 2002 04:09am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I wouldn't mind moving back at all, but my wife hates it there and wouldn't even consider going with me.

Hmmmmmm...........

My wife loves Vegas,and I can't stand it.

Hmmmmmm...........:D

Marty Rogers Wed Apr 17, 2002 08:10am

Mark and Jurassic:
Why don't you just swap wives!

ChuckElias Wed Apr 17, 2002 09:15am

Quote:

Originally posted by Marty Rogers
Mark and Jurassic:

Didn't we read about this in one of those "tell-all" baseball books? I can't remember which one it was. I think it was written by a former Yankee.

chuck

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 17, 2002 09:46am

Quote:

Originally posted by Marty Rogers
Mark and Jurassic:

Nah,my wife would want to take both dogs with her.Besides,we've been happily married for 12 years.Unfortunately,we've been married 36 years.
If she ever reads this,I'm toast!

rainmaker Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:46am

Quote:

I really don't know anything about the situation in Denver, but recently I was in Las Vegas and I read that they are so desperate for officials, they are paying relocation bonuses! Really! It seems they're building something like 14 new high schools in the next 6 years or some ridiculous figure like that.
Did they say anything about "temporary" relocation expenses, meaning travel?

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:46am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker

No, I think you have to move there permanently. Anyway, Juulie, Las Vegas is about the last town I picture you in. You're too much of an Oregonian.

As to one of the posts suggesting I swap wives, if I did that, I'd want something better than just someone else's wife - maybe a sports car and a satellite dish.

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 17, 2002 02:08pm

Quote:

As to one of the posts suggesting I swap wives, if I did that, I'd want something better than just someone else's wife - maybe a sports car and a satellite dish. [/B]
My wife?I'd think about it.My satellite dish?I DON'T THINK SO!

Mark Dexter Wed Apr 17, 2002 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Let's see . . . 4,200 miles round-trip . . . 30 cents/mile . . . $1,260 just for transportation. (Still about $1,000 after plane tickets!)

ChuckElias Wed Apr 17, 2002 03:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

As to one of the posts suggesting I swap wives, if I did that, I'd want something better than just someone else's wife - maybe a sports car and a satellite dish.
My wife?I'd think about it.My satellite dish?I DON'T THINK SO! [/B]
JR, you are soooooooooooooooooo toast!

dblref Thu Apr 18, 2002 05:35am

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:

My wife?I'd think about it.My satellite dish?I DON'T THINK SO!
JR, you are soooooooooooooooooo toast! [/B]
The satellite dish is a heck of a lot cheaper to replace. :D

Jurassic Referee Thu Apr 18, 2002 07:47am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
The satellite dish is a heck of a lot cheaper to replace. :D
[/B]
Yup,and it's usually in a lot better shape than the old model too.Also,if you don't like what you're hearing,you just switch channels.I tried clicking the changer at my wife once to see if that worked.Woke up in Intensive Care!

I am now officially burnt toast!