The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Why is it necessary... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/46210-why-necessary.html)

Nevadaref Wed Jul 09, 2008 07:02pm

Why is it necessary...

to take a shot at an official instead of just remembering the actions of the player?

Where do Chalmers' NCAA tourney theatrics rank?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/Forde_Pat_55.jpg By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
(Archive)

National championships are won and lost at the free-throw line, too. Here are the biggest free throws in NCAA tournament history:

1. Michigan guard Rumeal Robinson, a 64-percent foul shooter, hit a pair with three seconds left in overtime against Seton Hall in the 1989 national championship game. The free throws gave the Wolverines the go-ahead points for an 80-79. Robinson's appearance at the line came courtesy of a borderline call from otherwise excellent official John Clougherty.

Adam Wed Jul 09, 2008 08:02pm

Wow! Talk about gratuitous.

Nevadaref Thu Jul 10, 2008 02:53pm

Still looking for an answer

I was not able to get on the forum early this morning, so I did not see an answer as to why my other thread was locked and the new one which I starting inquiring why has been deleted.

Was anyone on here who could tell me what happened? Why is my topic off limits?

I've checked my PMs and didn't receive any note from a moderator.

Raymond Thu Jul 10, 2008 02:54pm

Had you said something mean about JRut? :D

Nevadaref Thu Jul 10, 2008 02:56pm

Not at all. I've been out of town for a week and haven't said a word about anyone!

Here's the link to the other thread:
http://forum.officiating.com/showthread.php?t=46210

bob jenkins Thu Jul 10, 2008 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref
I was not able to get on the forum early this morning, so I did not see an answer as to why my other thread was locked and the new one which I starting inquiring why has been deleted.

Was anyone on here who could tell me what happened? Why is my topic off limits?

I've checked my PMs and didn't receive any note from a moderator.

I can't answer directly, but:

1) I did neither.

2) Posts / threads which question why moderating action was taken are typically / frequently deleted.

Nevadaref Thu Jul 10, 2008 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
I can't answer directly, but:

1) I did neither.

2) Posts / threads which question why moderating action was taken are typically / frequently deleted.

1. Thanks, Bob. I wish whoever did would send me a note as to why. I'd like to know if I did something out of line or someone else did in a response.

2. I agree. They don't add any archival value to the forum, and I would have deleted it myself after getting an answer, but since I don't know whom to contact I had use a thread instead of a PM.

Adam Thu Jul 10, 2008 03:09pm

The only response I saw was mine, and I have a hard time thinking it was out of line.

My only thought is, perhaps, "user error."

Jurassic Referee Thu Jul 10, 2008 03:35pm

Quote:

Was anyone on here who could tell me what happened?

1) We took a poll.
2) Nobody likes you.

Your choice.

Heeheeheehee.......:p

Adam Thu Jul 10, 2008 03:41pm

Do not collect $200.

mick Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:20pm

Quote:

to take a shot at an official instead of just remembering the actions of the player?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/Forde_Pat_55.jpg By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
(Archive)

National championships are won and lost at the free-throw line, too. Here are the biggest free throws in NCAA tournament history:

1. Michigan guard Rumeal Robinson, a 64-percent foul shooter, hit a pair with three seconds left in overtime against Seton Hall in the 1989 national championship game. The free throws gave the Wolverines the go-ahead points for an 80-79. Robinson's appearance at the line came courtesy of a borderline call from otherwise excellent official John Clougherty.

Indeed!
Why was it necessary to dig up a 20-year-old bit of trivia to take a shot at a reporter ? Who da heck gives a lick ? You may be as guilty as the reporter.

But, obviously it's time [due to numerous postings and e-mails] to reopen this thread to find out.

Snaqwells made (what I thought was) a very appropriate response when he wrote, "Wow! Talk about gratuitous." I totally agreed.
I thought your attack on a 20-yr. report was most "gratuitous". Your post was uncalled for, unwarranted and unnecessary. It was a technical foul on a reporter that may have gotten smarter in the past 20 years, just as your game has improved in the last 20 years.
...However...
... If this guy wrote the report recently, then I understand that it was the reporter that Snaqs described as being "gratuitous" and that you were just doing your job to cover a partner's back. By your posting, I see no such claim or link to verify when this idiot reporter wrote words.

So, ... here it is. It's back. Have fun with it. ;)

BktBallRef Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39pm

Ah, mick,...the article was written Wednesday. It's the idiot reporter who unnecessarily dug up the 20 year old gratuitous tidbit.

Raymond Fri Jul 11, 2008 09:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
...By your posting, I see no such claim or link to verify when this idiot reporter wrote words...
... If this guy wrote the report recently, then I understand that it was the reporter that Snaqs described as being "gratuitous" and that you were just doing your job to cover a partner's back.

I think Nevada thought the above headline would be a clue. ;)

Adam Fri Jul 11, 2008 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef

I think Nevada thought the above headline would be a clue. ;)

Hey, leave Mick alone. Jurassic knows where you live.

Raymond Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Hey, leave Mick alone. Jurassic knows where you live.

I have a restraining wall built on my side of the River Styx. I used excess materiels I found in the Arizona desert.