The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 30, 2002, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Last weekend, when IU shot such an incredible 3-point percentage, Slider bet me a donut that they wouldn't do it again today.

But, amazingly, Slider was wrong. They shot 8 of 13 (or 61%) today, including 100% in the second half.

The amazing part is that I NEVER win a bet. I always say that I can't gamble -- it is impossible because as soon as I place a bet, I'm guaranteed to lose. So I've got to really milk this for all it's worth!!

Slider, I will take only the best of whatever is available in your town. I've never had Krispy Kreme, so that would be great, if available. I prefer chocolate, but will accept lemon filled, or coconut.

I thought about double-or-nothing for Monday's final, but I think that's just tempting fate...

[Edited by rainmaker on Mar 30th, 2002 at 07:27 PM]
Old Sat Mar 30, 2002, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I've never had Krispy Kreme, so that would be great, if available. I prefer chocolate, but will accept lemon filled, or coconut.
Oh man!!! never had a Krispy Kreme? You haven't lived! They have a huge red neon sign that says "HOT NOW! They pull the glazed doughnuts straight off the conveyor. They'll melt in your mouth!
Old Sat Mar 30, 2002, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Slider, when you ship the donut to rainmaker, use dry ice, and ship it over night.
Old Sat Mar 30, 2002, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
I've never had Krispy Kreme, so that would be great, if available. I prefer chocolate, but will accept lemon filled, or coconut.
Oh man!!! never had a Krispy Kreme? You haven't lived! They have a huge red neon sign that says "HOT NOW! They pull the glazed doughnuts straight off the conveyor. They'll melt in your mouth!

I'm hopin' Slider can figure a way to get one to me!!

PS we don't have Krispy Kreme here in Portland, so a coupon won't do the job.
Old Sun Mar 31, 2002, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Last weekend, when IU shot such an incredible 3-point percentage, Slider bet me a donut that they wouldn't do it again today.

But, amazingly, Slider was wrong.
Yes, it amazed me too, the first time!!!

Technically, you never accepted the bet, but your INTENT was to accept the bet, so I'll go with it.

I will send you an email through this site to arrange the completion of my humiliation (stoopid unconscious IU, stoopid OU defense!!!).
Old Sun Mar 31, 2002, 08:11pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:

PS we don't have Krispy Kreme here in Portland, so a coupon won't do the job.
Juulie - there was a story on the news recently that they are opening soon in the Portland area and are scouting locations.

When I was in Vegas recently, the longest line I saw for anything was at a Krispy Kreme outlet in one of the hotels.

As you know, I am diabetic so I stay away from those things. Just one of them probably would kill me.
Old Mon Apr 01, 2002, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Slider
Technically, you never accepted the bet, but your INTENT was to accept the bet, so I'll go with it.

I will send you an email through this site to arrange the completion of my humiliation (stoopid unconscious IU, stoopid OU defense!!!).
I have to admit, you acquire multiple brownie points for following through on what amounts to a joke. If you had said, "I'll bet a million bucks..." I'd let you off the hook, but I think you negate the humiliation of being wrong, by paying up!! Thanks...
Old Wed Apr 03, 2002, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett

As you know, I am diabetic so I stay away from those things. Just one of them probably would kill me.
Sorry, Mark, but just walking near one of those hot ones would kill you.

Juulie, I've never experienced anything but the plain glazed version. I assume they have others, but why?
Old Wed Apr 03, 2002, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I have to admit, you acquire multiple brownie points for following through on what amounts to a joke. If you had said, "I'll bet a million bucks..." I'd let you off the hook, but I think you negate the humiliation of being wrong, by paying up!! Thanks... [/B]
If i had a bet for a million bucks and i had a choice of collecting or letting them off the hook..Hmmm i would take the million bucks.