Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 06:01pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by jbduke
Jurassic Referee,

Make sure to keep your eyes closed so you don't get sand in them.
My last foray,too.Good luck,and keep on Duking!
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 06:10pm
In Memoriam

Re: Holy Whuh!

Quote:
Originally posted by mick

jb,
I'm not sure what you said, but with all those syallables, I gotta believe what you said.

JR,
That was impressive, yo?

mick

Impressive as hell,mick.The only problem is that he coulda cut out about 10,000 words by just saying "JR,you're an idiot".Woulda saved him a lot of time,too.Then again,maybe the poor guy has MTDJS(Mark T.DeNucci Jr. Syndrome).
-Just kidding,Dukie-don't get excited!Mark,you can get excited,if you want to!
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy This guy must be Cameron Crazy!

Quote:
BKBRef,

I'm not going to let you, or any other Carolina or Maryland fan bait me into blaming the game on the refs. Indiana took the game from Duke, and they were very deserving of that victory.

That said, I will respond to your 'extreme disappointment' in .....
Wow! Talk about an overreaction! You're some piece of work! All I did was say that I was disappointed in the way the Duke players and some of the coaches handled themsleves after the game. You're a Duke fan, so I wondered how you felt about it. I'm not trying to bait anyone in too anything. But if I were, you would obviously be easy prey.

Yes, I'm a Carolina fan. But I'm not one of the fanantics that you see posting on the ACC boards. Seems to me that I'm handling our season a lot better than you're handling this loss. I watch the game as a fan and an official. I'm an adult, I can do that. You obviously can't. Personally, I have a problem with the way Dougherty is always standing and yelling at the players and the officials. Quite frankly, I think he needs to sit his *** down. But he pales in comparison to other coaches. I was glad when Rasheed Wallace turned pro, as I thought his chidlish tirades were an emabarassment to the program. I can make those judgments or listen to others do the same without blowing a gasket.

Seems to me that you have some real anger management issues. You can't have a simple discussion where people disagree with you or say something you don't like without blowing your top. You might want to speak with your local Methodist minister about this. I hear there are some excellent ones on the Duke campus. If not, I know a couple that graduated from there they would love to help you. Just let me know.

Be well.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

jbduke, we all like to have fun on this board. I would like to keep your input on this board, because you have brought some interesting discussion to the board. So, I dare, no I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to come on this discussion and admit you just may have, just a little bit, over reacted.
And JR, you go sit in the corner until the next topic.
Old Mon Mar 25, 2002, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
jbduke, we all like to have fun on this board. I would like to keep your input on this board, because you have brought some interesting discussion to the board. So, I dare, no I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to come on this discussion and admit you just may have, just a little bit, over reacted.
Oooooo, Bart! I haven't DOUBLE DOG DARED anyone in a long time!! My hero!
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 05:21am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I'll be good,Bart-I promise!Actually,ol' Dukie doesn't have to admit he over-reacted.He's entitled to his opinion,no matter what.Gotta respect that.I might not agree with him(and I don't on this one),but maybe others might.The day that I become perfect,I'll.....probably become an IAABO rules interpreter and move to Ohio!
--just kidding,Mark,damnit,just kidding!
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 09:05am
Administrator

Re: Re: Holy Whuh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by mick

jb,
I'm not sure what you said, but with all those syallables, I gotta believe what you said.

JR,
That was impressive, yo?

mick

Impressive as hell,mick.The only problem is that he coulda cut out about 10,000 words by just saying "JR,you're an idiot".Woulda saved him a lot of time,too.Then again,maybe the poor guy has MTDJS(Mark T.DeNucci Jr. Syndrome).
-Just kidding,Dukie-don't get excited!Mark,you can get excited,if you want to!

After the initial posting I have not paid attention to this thread, until this morning when I saw that it was still generating posts. And to my suprise my name was used.

Lets get back on track. The NFHS and NCAA throw-in rule for the purposes of the original post are the same. When we have a designated spot throw-in, the designated spot is three feet wide, and as deep as the player making the throw-in can go, within certain limitations. Previous posters have done a bang-up job describing what foot work is legal and what is not legal.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

BKBRef said

Seems to me that you have some real anger management issues. You can't have a simple discussion where people disagree with you or say something you don't like without blowing your top. You might want to speak with your local Methodist minister about this. I hear there are some excellent ones on the Duke campus. If not, I know a couple that graduated from there they would love to help you. Just let me know.

----------------------------------------------------

Bart,

I was ready and willing to take you up on your dare and admit that I'd overreacted. It's certainly clear to me looking at the words in one of BKBRef's early posts that they might not have merited such a strong response. I think if they'd come from anybody else on the board, they would not have drawn the one that they did. Then I read the above quote in one of his later posts and realized why I responded the way I did. He's a presumptuous, officious, arrogant, ***. He reads a handful of posts of mine and thinks he knows me well enough to not only a) diagnose me with a psychological problem, but also b)recommend particularized counseling?

He says I "can't have a simple discussion where people disagree with you and say something" I don't like without "blowing my top." First of all, BBR, none of this has generated any anger in me, up until your latest masterpiece. The problem is not me in terms of any inabilty to have a discussion. I thrive on debate. I like disagreement, because in many circumstances it can result in progress toward truth. But the kind of discourse that I'm accustomed to is nowhere to be found in this thread. In better forums, ideas can be exchanged, disagreements can be had, and individuals can hash out differences by analyzing them point by point, without resorting to twisting of words and deleting of context in order to try to win an argument.

Not a one of the respondents in this thread has actually taken the time to give any feedback to anything specific that I've written, at least not without eliminating all context. Those of you who have responded negatively have limited yourselves almost exclusively to calling me a whiner and an overreactor. Fine. You're free to throw words around without actually making a case to support them, but it's a joke on everybody if it works on anybody.

I've enjoyed the rules discussion here. I've learned a lot from it, and will continue to do so. My lesson learned in this instance is that if it can be found in a rule book or a case book, there are some here who will go to the ends of the earth to answer a point directly. But if it's not to be found there, some of the same people simply resort to name-calling and, "Well, since I'm an adult I know how to handle a situation such as this, where you obviously do not." I don't need to be insulted like that. Not from the likes of JR and BBR. That's junk.

And JR, you're definitely right in that I could have saved myself a lot of typing yesterday if I'd just called you an idiot, and stopped there. But then I'd have been guilty of one of the same crimes I've accused you of.

Cheers,
jb
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for your reply. OK, I think everyone has had their say. Lets end it Here.
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
BKBRef said

----------------------------------------------------

Bart,

I was ready and willing to take you up on your dare and admit that I'd overreacted. It's certainly clear to me looking at the words in one of BKBRef's early posts that they might not have merited such a strong response. I think if they'd come from anybody else on the board, they would not have drawn the one that they did. Then I read the above quote in one of his later posts and realized why I responded the way I did. He's a presumptuous, officious, arrogant, ***. He reads a handful of posts of mine and thinks he knows me well enough to not only a) diagnose me with a psychological problem, but also b)recommend particularized counseling?
Ok, here's my only contribution to the quarrel. JB, do you really honestly believe that TH was trying to diagnose you with a psychological problem? Really? Do you really honestly believe that he is offering to put you in contact with a Methodist minister?

TH is not being arrogant, or presumptuous or whatever. He's yanking your chain. He's being sarcastic about the Methodists b/c you're at Duke. He's poking a little fun b/c of the lengthy replies you've posted in this thread. And you fell for it, providing exactly the kind of answer that you say you don't want to give. And proving whatever point TH may have wanted to make about being thin-skinned.

Just say "Hardy-har-har, you are sooooooooooo funny, BKBRef. You gunkie!" Or you could say that his mom wears combat boots.

It'll save you a lot of typing too.

Chuck
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Wink I love this guy!!

Quote:
But if it's not to be found there, some of the same people simply resort to name-calling and, "Well, since I'm an adult I know how to handle a situation such as this, where you obviously do not." I don't need to be insulted like that. Not from the likes of JR and BBR. That's junk.
Hey, at least I didn't say "you're completely being a jerk!"

Quote:
And JR, you're definitely right in that I could have saved myself a lot of typing yesterday if I'd just called you an idiot, and stopped there. But then I'd have been guilty of one of the same crimes I've accused you of.
Like calling someone a jerk?

You're too EZ, jb. But you are da man!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Or you could say that his mom wears combat boots.
Hey, who's mama are you talking about, you !!#@$%%*(!(*#!!
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 03:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. OK, I think everyone has had their say. Lets end it Here.
Hey,I quit foraying yesterday!Can I come out of the corner now?
Old Tue Mar 26, 2002, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

yes, if you apologize, urrr, no, just go play.