The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 14, 2008, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Gibbons Tournament and Officiating Camp

Anyone know when the Bob Gibbons Tournament in North Carolina is being held this year and a link for information.

Also, Joe Forte ran an officials camp at the tournament last year. Any info on a camp this year and a link?
Old Wed May 14, 2008, 11:08am
certified Hot Mom tester

I heard that these guys are the two officials for the Gibbons tourney (sorry, couldn't resist the impulse).

Old Wed May 14, 2008, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I heard that these guys are the two officials for the Gibbons tourney (sorry, couldn't resist the impulse).

Okay. I hate to admit it. But that was funny.
Old Wed May 14, 2008, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanja
Anyone know when the Bob Gibbons Tournament in North Carolina is being held this year and a link for information.

Also, Joe Forte ran an officials camp at the tournament last year. Any info on a camp this year and a link?
Bob gibbons is May 23-25. Sorry no link. Joe is having the officiating camp again this year. you might not have seen much on it because this is the year joe is cutting down the staff and this camp is pretty much his identification camp and due to the cutting of the staff someone would really have to perform well to get picked up in the big south but he might pick someone up for his DII league.
Old Fri May 16, 2008, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
Bob gibbons is May 23-25. Sorry no link. Joe is having the officiating camp again this year. you might not have seen much on it because this is the year joe is cutting down the staff and this camp is pretty much his identification camp and due to the cutting of the staff someone would really have to perform well to get picked up in the big south but he might pick someone up for his DII league.
I heard they were going to stop letting NBA Ref's be Conference Coordinators....is that true?
Old Fri May 16, 2008, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
I heard they were going to stop letting NBA Ref's be Conference Coordinators....is that true?

you know it wouldn't surprise me if that were true, but I have not heard anything of that and joe has not indicated that to the staff. At the same time I heard john adams doesn't dislike the way the NBA does some things, so it might be hard to believe as well (but I haven't heard that straight from the horses mouth either). So i guess i wrote this whole post predicated on hearsay.
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

That's a BS rumor that has been floating around for years. People need to stop spreading it because it's just get's old. All the NBA haters out there in NCAA that do not like NBA mechanics and terminology filtering down to the college level although they are much more advanced.
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 03:14pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddman
That's a BS rumor that has been floating around for years. People need to stop spreading it because it's just get's old. All the NBA haters out there in NCAA that do not like NBA mechanics and terminology filtering down to the college level although they are much more advanced.
"Much more advanced" doesn't necessarily mean "better."

Just sayin'.
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddman
Hey I am not hating at all. I was just inquiring. I have no problem with the NBA or their mechanics. So calm down son!!!!
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
"Much more advanced" doesn't necessarily mean "better."

Just sayin'.
Exactly. Not everything that is well suited to the NBA style, speed, strength, rules, and philosophy is as well suited to the NCAA or HS. Though we have had some good things filter down.
Old Tue May 20, 2008, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Hey I am not hating at all. I was just inquiring. I have no problem with the NBA or their mechanics. So calm down son!!!!
Whether or not some likes doing things NBA or NCAA mechanics does not bother me as long as you get plays right....I just get pissed at the constant rumor mills in this business, you all know what I mean. I'm not trying to rant about what mechanics are better.