The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Is anyone here even paying attention to the Women's NCAA Tournament? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/4405-anyone-here-even-paying-attention-womens-ncaa-tournament.html)

JRutledge Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:07am

Why is no one talking about the Women.

And why does it seem like there is not rhyme or reason for when the games are played. There is a game going on right now, who the hell wants to watch this now at 11:00 Central time?

Is anyone paying any attention to this event?

Peace

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 18, 2002 01:48am

Quote:

Originally posted by JRutledge
Is anyone paying any attention to this event?
No.

crew Mon Mar 18, 2002 02:03am

huh?

dblref Mon Mar 18, 2002 07:02am

Actually, some of us are watching. I saw the Tennessee and Notre Dame game last night. Wanted to watch it mainly to see how one of our local players (Kara Lawson) did. She was a heck of a HS player. Saw 2 or 3 other games and thought they were pretty good.

Stan Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:07am

Yes, I'm watching! I am pulling for Drake. Go Girls!

cmckenna Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:16am

U C O N N

UCONN
UCONN
UCONN

stripes Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:45am

No.

ur call Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:49am

No!!! Who cares???

Mark Dexter Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:00am

Quote:

Originally posted by dblref
Actually, some of us are watching. I saw the Tennessee and Notre Dame game last night. Wanted to watch it mainly to see how one of our local players (Kara Lawson) did. She was a heck of a HS player. Saw 2 or 3 other games and thought they were pretty good.

You should have come to GW (if you could get a seat) when the Lady Vols played - it was mainly set up as a homecoming for Lawton.

BTW, I'm cheering on UConn's Lady Huskies in the women's tourney (just not the men!)

dblref Mon Mar 18, 2002 01:19pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

Originally posted by dblref

You should have come to GW (if you could get a seat) when the Lady Vols played - it was mainly set up as a homecoming for Lawton.

BTW, I'm cheering on UConn's Lady Huskies in the women's tourney (just not the men!)

She always had quite a few fans when she played. I did a couple of her games when she was a senior. She has a younger sister that also has quite a lot of talent, but not as much as Kara. Their father is a royal PITA.

w_sohl Mon Mar 18, 2002 02:18pm

Hopefully my Boilermakers upset UConn in the Elite Eight....

I am paying attention, I even entered a bracket challenge (ESPN).

JRutledge Mon Mar 18, 2002 02:40pm

OK

What this shows me for the most part is the fact we do not care about Women's basketball. If you cannot be a fan of one of the highest levels, then why the hell would you want to officiate it.

Are those that do not like Women's basketball, not fans of officiating girls or Women's basketball during our seasons?

stripes Mon Mar 18, 2002 03:21pm

I haven't done any level of women's basketball for a few years now. For me, it was one of the best refereeing decisions I have ever made. Definitely not the right one for everyone, but it works for me.

tharbert Mon Mar 18, 2002 04:22pm

Am I watching the women's games? Nope. I don't watch men's either. This is the first year I've watched any nc2a tourney games mainly because the school at which I work and from which I graduated made it to the sweet 16 - SIU.

Hey stripes...
I looked at your little signature and had to laugh. I just booked some tickets to Disney for $800. I checked 1st class and 1st class seats on the exact same flights were $6050.

stripes Mon Mar 18, 2002 06:36pm

Quote:

Originally posted by tharbert
Hey stripes...
I looked at your little signature and had to laugh. I just booked some tickets to Disney for $800. I checked 1st class and 1st class seats on the exact same flights were $6050.

That's not too much more is it? ;)