Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 18, 2002, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Re: OK

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
What this shows me for the most part is the fact we do not care about Women's basketball. If you cannot be a fan of one of the highest levels, then why the hell would you want to officiate it.

Are those that do not like Women's basketball, not fans of officiating girls or Women's basketball during our seasons?

I've watched more of the women's tournament than the men's.

What's wrong with 11:00a.m. on a Sunday for a game? I'd rather have games on at that hour than at 11:00 at night.
Old Mon Mar 18, 2002, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

I'm enjoying Iowa State and BYU right now.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2002, 06:49am
Official Forum Member

I watched the ODU - Purdue game last night and it was an excellent game (ODU won in O/T). It was a heck of a lot better than the Maryland - Wisconsin game on Sunday. A 30-point blowout is not much of a game.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2002, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
I watched the ODU - Purdue game last night and it was an excellent game (ODU won in O/T). It was a heck of a lot better than the Maryland - Wisconsin game on Sunday. A 30-point blowout is not much of a game.
Our family watched the second half of the BYU-ISU game and same thing a close fun game to enjoy.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2002, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I will watch most of the women't tourney later, when I get the tapes from my Jr Hi helper who is recording it all (illegally I suppose) since I don't have cable.
Old Tue Mar 19, 2002, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I will watch most of the women't tourney later, when I get the tapes from my Jr Hi helper who is recording it all (illegally I suppose) since I don't have cable.
I'm no lawyer (nor do I play one on TV or stay in Holiday Inn Expresses), but, by my reading of 464 U.S. 417 (1984), I believe this is legal to record, as long as it is only for personal use.

BTW, how many cheeseburgers will you have to pay the kid for taping all these games?
Old Wed Mar 20, 2002, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to templar Send a message via Yahoo to templar
that gay ball

I think women are great too and it is worth to watch thhem play
but that ball they use is gay
red strip and white strip that ball sucks
the ball for men are better
Old Wed Mar 20, 2002, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I'm no lawyer (nor do I play one on TV or stay in Holiday Inn Expresses), but, by my reading of 464 U.S. 417 (1984), I believe this is legal to record, as long as it is only for personal use.

BTW, how many cheeseburgers will you have to pay the kid for taping all these games?
When he comes to my game to tape me, I pay $5 per game, and buy him dinner. When he tapes off TV, I pay him $2 per game, and let him get his own chili-free or whatever.
Old Wed Mar 20, 2002, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, now I'm mad!
Rainmaker, you get a kid to tape you at one of your games, about 90 minutes, for $5 and a happy meal? I can't get a kid to sit on my riding lawn mower for 45 miutes for under $20. I'm moving norhtwest!
Old Wed Mar 20, 2002, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
This is the first year I've watched any nc2a tourney games mainly because the school at which I work and from which I graduated made it to the sweet 16 - SIU.
Hey Tharbert, I'm a Saluki fan too. Moved away from there 1 1/2 years ago. Lived in a small town named Carterville. I am amazed at how Bruce Webber has turned the team around.
They got a tough one coming up.
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 12:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tharbert
Okay, now I'm mad!
Rainmaker, you get a kid to tape you at one of your games, about 90 minutes, for $5 and a happy meal? I can't get a kid to sit on my riding lawn mower for 45 miutes for under $20. I'm moving norhtwest!
No one even HAS riding lawnmowers here, grass is too wet all the time. You have to pay a kid $50 to use a sickle (if you even have one) or hire a flock of sheep.
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Unfortunately, my lawn is under about 4 inches of snow right now. First day of Spring, my. . . foot!

Chuck
Old Thu Mar 21, 2002, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Wow, I thought it was just me, but I would rather watch paint dry.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Ridiculous!

When I looked to see who the thread starter was on this post, it did not surprise me. Yes, I am paying attention to the 'event' and so are many others. When will people learn that many different people enjoy many different things and bashing something because you are not doing it is ridiculous. Just because you are not watching the womens tournament does that mean nobody else is? Give me a break! Among MANY others, lot's of little girls are watching, learning, setting goals and participating in sports because they see other young women playing sports and want to emulate them. Grow up and stop being so insecure!
Old Fri Mar 22, 2002, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastRef
When I looked to see who the thread starter was on this post, it did not surprise me. Yes, I am paying attention to the 'event' and so are many others. When will people learn that many different people enjoy many different things and bashing something because you are not doing it is ridiculous. Just because you are not watching the womens tournament does that mean nobody else is? Give me a break! Among MANY others, lot's of little girls are watching, learning, setting goals and participating in sports because they see other young women playing sports and want to emulate them. Grow up and stop being so insecure!
WCR--

I think Jeff was saying that he WAS watching, and was wondering why no one else was bringing it up as a subject for discussion. I agree about the little girls. I hope some year soon the women will be on network TV, rather than just cable so even more little girls can see and aspire.