Old Thu May 01, 2008, 03:51pm
Archaic Power Monger

Only a ref? Puzzling....
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoms
This forum is just a waste of space, BadNewRef you are just a wanker ... of course I was talking about basketball.

If you are only a ref then you never actually played the game or if you did you probably weren't good enough to cut it and gave up to make a "man" out of yourself.

I've found what I was looking for, just a shame that no-one here actually knows the rules.
How repulsive.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:10pm
Official & Member

Quote:
I've found what I was looking for, just a shame that no-one here actually knows the rules.
Well then, nice of him to stop by then, wasn't it?

We now switch you back to our regularly scheduled postings.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:10pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukealex

And whats a wanker?
BadNewsRef.

I'm a wanker
You're a wanker
Wouldn't you like to be a wanker too?

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu May 01, 2008 at 04:17pm.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
Well then, nice of him to stop by then, wasn't it?

We now switch you back to our regularly scheduled postings.
Good. I'll spread the garbage back on the couch & dining room table, you can clog up the toilets.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:23pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Good. I'll spread the garbage back on the couch & dining room table, you can clog up the toilets.
Gladly..oh, and don't forget to switch on SportsCenter...it helps me type faster.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Hey, I see they've written a book about Jurassic.

I just don't know if the other one is that Seattle fan who hangs around here now and then.

Last edited by Adam; Thu May 01, 2008 at 04:28pm.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 04:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
This forum is just a waste of space, BadNewRef you are just a wanker ... of course I was talking about basketball.

If you are only a ref then you never actually played the game or if you did you probably weren't good enough to cut it and gave up to make a "man" out of yourself.

Hey, shouldn't wanker be censored? Dan couldn't say what he wanted to. If I was Dan, I'd be mad. He told me so.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 05:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

Just because this forum doesn't have the answer to the tiebreaker rule of an obscure league in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean it's a waste of space. I'm sure it's a waste of your time; but only because you don't seem interested in learning the actual rules of basketball (as opposed to an administrative seeding rule). This isn't a knock, just an observation. Your question has nothing to do with the rules, you just came to the wrong place.

The fact is, leagues decide it differently all over the world. Some leagues have a playoff game. Others flip a coin. Some go with points scored. Some may have a free throw shoot out. Some may have the coaches play paper/rock/scissors. Personally, I'd flip a coin at lower levels, and go with points scored at higher levels. But I'm not running your league.

The above is my serious, let's-all-get-along response. Now for my smart-a$$ sarcastic American response:

Quote:
This forum is just a waste of space....
Well then, we should just shut it down. If we can't please some anonymous Dad in England, then what good are we?

Here's my sensitive-in-touch-with-my-softer-side response.

Quote:
This forum is just a waste of space....
There's no need to be so mean spirited. Why are you so hurtful. This makes me feel sad.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Hey, shouldn't wanker be censored? Dan couldn't say what he wanted to. If I was Dan, I'd be mad. He told me so.
We don't censor English around here, only American. English is that quaint, little-used language they speak across the pond. It uses a lot of the same words as American, but mostly they don't mean the same things. And some of them have too many u's in them.

As for our atomic friend, who seems to have gone needlessly nuclear...perhaps a little reality check is in order. The rules of the game of basketball cover exactly that, the game. They do not, in any rule set that I'm aware of cover how to determine league standings. That is up to the individual league or its sanctioning body to determine. Which is why you were told you'd need to ask the league.

However, if you want to discuss the rules of the game of basketball, like whether calling the ref a wanker would be a simple technical foul, or a flagrant technical, this is the place.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 05:38pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukealex
We've given you your answer, you have to talk to who runs the league. We also don't deal in FEEBLE rules hardly at all here. If your league uses points scored and field goal percentages before head to head record, that is your first problem.

If you actually knew the rules of basketball, you would find this forum useful. Since you didn't find your answer of how your son will be the best basketball player ever, too bad, go somewhere else, we don't care.

And whats a wanker?
IIRC, it is a person who practices onanism
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Obviously some deadbeat dad who is trying to live vicariously through the sports accomplishments of his son who plays in a U14 league because he never amounted to anything himself.

So sad.
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 08:20pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Well he is U14 and plays in England, I assumed obviously incorrectly that there were universal rules around deciding ladder positions.
This, I assume, had to do with changing light bulbs or something?

Quote:
When I played it was points first then percentage and in the unlikely event that this was also tied then it came down to results between the two teams.
I must confess to being curious. I know nobody cares, but, is he talking about points scored? Isn't this a hockey rule? Or do they possibly award points for wins? Percentage of what? Winning percentage, field goal percentage? (do they keep up with shots on goal on the scoreboard?)
"Results between the two teams" I assume means head to head results. I thought this was the first tiebreaker in practically everything. The guy was concerned about his team getting "duped."

Y'all were so rude the guy may not even come back to let us know if everything worked out okay.

Lonesome Dove
Closed Thread