The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NF New rules?? when should we know? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43549-nf-new-rules-when-should-we-know.html)

jritchie Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:43am

NF New rules?? when should we know?

Just wondering when the meeting was and when they would be deciding what new things they were going to implement. I seen the list that they were going to discuss, just didn't know when the decisions would be made.

bob jenkins Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:59am

It doesn't matter what the new rules are since the coaches claim we don't follow them anyway. (see other thread)

jritchie Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08pm

Isn't that the truth! "Let the kids decide the game" what do we need rules for again!

Zoochy Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29pm

What list??? What other threads??
Usually new rules are posted before June.

Grail Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:54pm

According to the NFHS site, the rules meeting was either last Sunday and Monday, or is this coming Sunday and Monday. They list it on both sets of dates. New rules usually come out 5-10 days after the meeting.

JRutledge Wed Apr 16, 2008 01:19pm

Basketball rules usually come out in April. At least that is what has taken place in the past.

Peace

jritchie Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:42am

Sounds good, can't wait to see what they come up with. Should be interesting.

Grail Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:07pm

Just saw an update on the NFHS site. The meeting is this coming Sunday and Monday. I expect we'll hear something around the end of next week.

Mark Padgett Fri Apr 18, 2008 02:57pm

New rules decided

I got it from an "inside source". Here are the new rules the NF will approve next week.

1) coaches may not address an official unless that coach is wearing a dress
2) assistant coaches will not be allowed on the bench unless they provide coffee for the officials at all timeouts
3) players whose last names end in a consonant may not dribble with their left hand
4) if a team receives two bench technicals during a game, their bench (not the players - the actual bench) must withdraw to the locker room
5) any spectator who yells "over the back" or "reach" will be given over to the Spanish Inquisition

I think these are the best new rules ever!

grunewar Fri Apr 18, 2008 03:57pm

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Mark Padgett Fri Apr 18, 2008 05:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

What a perfect opportunity for a pic.

Never mind. OOPS! There's another one. :D

rainmaker Sat Apr 19, 2008 03:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
5) any spectator who yells "over the back" or "reach" will be given over to the Spanish Inquisition

This one's okay with me as long as the Spanish Inquisition doesn't give them them the comfy chair. That's just not a good enough penalty.

Mark Padgett Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
This one's okay with me as long as the Spanish Inquisition doesn't give them them the comfy chair. That's just not a good enough penalty.

Juulie - what if the comfy chair is out in the parking lot? :p

rainmaker Sun Apr 20, 2008 01:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Juulie - what if the comfy chair is out in the parking lot? :p

I suppose that's okay, as long as it's raining....

Mark Padgett Sun Apr 20, 2008 01:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
I suppose that's okay, as long as it's raining....

I don't think the NF will put in a rule that works only in Oregon. :rolleyes: