The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Question for the Nike Air Max 360 fans

I finally picked up a pair of these off ebay. They are authentic but I think they're factory seconds b/c of the odd way some stuff lines up. You can't unless you really examine them. Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them. Anyone else experienced this or do I just need to drop some coin and try a normal pair? They're getting harder and harder to find!
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 09:46am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS 20
Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them.
They kill your feet but you still like 'em?

You'd really wear shoes to officiate that actually hurt your feet? What's wrong with that picture?
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

You'd really wear shoes to officiate that actually hurt your feet? What's wrong with that picture?
Ah, no big deal.

My head hurts when I read Chuck's posts but I still do it.

There's really no explaining human beings, is there?
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:55am
Ch1town

How about the Black on Black Shox Monster... any reviews??
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...rt/sport--all/

They sure look great!
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
How about the Black on Black Shox Monster... any reviews??
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...rt/sport--all/

They sure look great!
I've seen an official around here wear them. The look kind of silly IMO b/c it looks like normal leather outlined in patent leather.
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

I like the look, they're lightweight and other than that odd issue, i like them. I've had them for 2 weekends now when I worked 4 games and then 6 this past weekend so it may be the amount of games i'm doing in a row or i got ahold of a crappy pair. I'm not ready to give up on them yet
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
Sounds like the New Balances. They have a high spot opposite the arch that killed my feet. The nike Air Monarchs are much better.
I have the NB 888 (mid cut shoe) and i LOVE them. They're the most comfortable shoe I've worn. But I want to look cool and wear some 360s
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
You won't achieve cool status till you slick your hair back Steve Javie/Ken Mauer style.
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
You won't achieve cool status till you slick your hair back Steve Javie/Ken Mauer style.
How many times do I have to tell you, I have an afro and gel doesn't work!
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 12:43pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Maybe you should have bought them from one of those guys who posts the "lowest" prices on Nike here and who can't speak or write English. At least you would have received a "more goodly deal".
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

I just got the Black/Black Shox Monster from Footlocker. I was gonna wait until next season to get a new pair of shoes but I got a good deal on these and went ahead and picked them up. For all you guys who like the shox collection they are a great shoe. I was going to polish them up but I am up in the air on that idea for the fact that the whole shoe will be polished with the shox included, since most of the shoe has the patent leather on them already. Any one else have these who has polished the whole shoe?
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 01:09pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOofficial
I just got the Black/Black Shox Monster from Footlocker. I was gonna wait until next season to get a new pair of shoes but I got a good deal on these and went ahead and picked them up. For all you guys who like the shox collection they are a great shoe. I was going to polish them up but I am up in the air on that idea for the fact that the whole shoe will be polished with the shox included, since most of the shoe has the patent leather on them already. Any one else have these who has polished the whole shoe?
So they feel as good as look huh? I'm still debating on purchasing a pair. What are they hitting for at Footlocker? I see them for $115 at Eastbay. Let me know how the polishing goes, if you decide to go that route.
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 05:42pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
Javie doesn't even come close to Mauer in coolness!
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 10:04pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
I have the NB 888 (mid cut shoe) and i LOVE them. They're the most comfortable shoe I've worn. But I want to look cool and wear some 360s
You'll look way cool limping on blisters.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I finally picked up a pair of these off ebay. They are authentic but I think they're factory seconds b/c of the odd way some stuff lines up. You can't unless you really examine them. Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them. Anyone else experienced this or do I just need to drop some coin and try a normal pair? They're getting harder and harder to find!
how do you know they are authentic? sounds like you got a pair of chinese knockoffs
"Earl Strom is a throwback, a reminder of the days when the refs had colorful personalities, the days when war-horses like Mendy Rudolph, Norm Drucker, and a younger Earl Strom were called the father, the son, and the holy ghost.—Roy Firestone, sports commentator