The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Question for the Nike Air Max 360 fans (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/43494-question-nike-air-max-360-fans.html)

JS 20 Mon Apr 14, 2008 09:27am

Question for the Nike Air Max 360 fans

I finally picked up a pair of these off ebay. They are authentic but I think they're factory seconds b/c of the odd way some stuff lines up. You can't unless you really examine them. Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them. Anyone else experienced this or do I just need to drop some coin and try a normal pair? They're getting harder and harder to find!

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 14, 2008 09:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS 20
<font color = red> Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them. </font>

They kill your feet but you still like 'em?:confused:

You'd really wear shoes to officiate that actually hurt your feet? What's wrong with that picture?

Dan_ref Mon Apr 14, 2008 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

You'd really wear shoes to officiate that actually hurt your feet? What's wrong with that picture?

Ah, no big deal.

My head hurts when I read Chuck's posts but I still do it.

There's really no explaining human beings, is there?

Ch1town Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:55am

How about the Black on Black Shox Monster... any reviews??
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...rt/sport--all/

They sure look great!

JS 20 Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch1town
How about the Black on Black Shox Monster... any reviews??
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...rt/sport--all/

They sure look great!

I've seen an official around here wear them. The look kind of silly IMO b/c it looks like normal leather outlined in patent leather.

JS 20 Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

I like the look, they're lightweight and other than that odd issue, i like them. I've had them for 2 weekends now when I worked 4 games and then 6 this past weekend so it may be the amount of games i'm doing in a row or i got ahold of a crappy pair. I'm not ready to give up on them yet

JS 20 Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalreff
Sounds like the New Balances. They have a high spot opposite the arch that killed my feet. The nike Air Monarchs are much better.

I have the NB 888 (mid cut shoe) and i LOVE them. They're the most comfortable shoe I've worn. But I want to look cool and wear some 360s :)

CLH Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:44am

You won't achieve cool status till you slick your hair back Steve Javie/Ken Mauer style.

JS 20 Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH
You won't achieve cool status till you slick your hair back Steve Javie/Ken Mauer style.

How many times do I have to tell you, I have an afro and gel doesn't work!

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43pm

Maybe you should have bought them from one of those guys who posts the "lowest" prices on Nike here and who can't speak or write English. At least you would have received a "more goodly deal". :p

MOofficial Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55pm

I just got the Black/Black Shox Monster from Footlocker. I was gonna wait until next season to get a new pair of shoes but I got a good deal on these and went ahead and picked them up. For all you guys who like the shox collection they are a great shoe. I was going to polish them up but I am up in the air on that idea for the fact that the whole shoe will be polished with the shox included, since most of the shoe has the patent leather on them already. Any one else have these who has polished the whole shoe?

Ch1town Mon Apr 14, 2008 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOofficial
I just got the Black/Black Shox Monster from Footlocker. I was gonna wait until next season to get a new pair of shoes but I got a good deal on these and went ahead and picked them up. For all you guys who like the shox collection they are a great shoe. I was going to polish them up but I am up in the air on that idea for the fact that the whole shoe will be polished with the shox included, since most of the shoe has the patent leather on them already. Any one else have these who has polished the whole shoe?

So they feel as good as look huh? I'm still debating on purchasing a pair. What are they hitting for at Footlocker? I see them for $115 at Eastbay. Let me know how the polishing goes, if you decide to go that route.

JugglingReferee Mon Apr 14, 2008 05:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH

Javie doesn't even come close to Mauer in coolness!

26 Year Gap Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:04pm

Quote:

I have the NB 888 (mid cut shoe) and i LOVE them. They're the most comfortable shoe I've worn. But I want to look cool and wear some 360s :)

You'll look way cool limping on blisters.:rolleyes:

Cajun Reff Tue Apr 15, 2008 09:31am

Quote:

I finally picked up a pair of these off ebay. They are authentic but I think they're factory seconds b/c of the odd way some stuff lines up. You can't unless you really examine them. Anyway, they look nice but they kill my feet. They hurt really bad on the outside of my foot, right about in the middle. It feels like there's a high spot in the shoe and that's killing my feet. Other than that I like them. Anyone else experienced this or do I just need to drop some coin and try a normal pair? They're getting harder and harder to find!

how do you know they are authentic? sounds like you got a pair of chinese knockoffs