The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 09, 2002, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

does anyone know who the officials were for last friday's (march 1) game between marquette and depaul. i was trying to find out who the black official was. he was the smoothest official i have seen in a long time. he has a short afro, but man is he smooth. his mechanics, i thought were top of the line, and the way he carried himself, was "confidence" all the way. i wanted to know who he was, because i wanted to know who i think of so highly. thanks..
Old Sun Mar 10, 2002, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Cool

The referees of that game were: Ed Hightower, Art McDonald, Steve Olson. Ed is a black official and he might be the on you like so much. Check out his bio at: http://www.siu.edu/bot/Hightower-bio.html Hope this was helpful.
Old Sun Mar 10, 2002, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cornellref
The referees of that game were: Ed Hightower, Art McDonald, Steve Olson. Ed is a black official and he might be the on you like so much. Check out his bio at: http://www.siu.edu/bot/Hightower-bio.html Hope this was helpful.
hey, i think the official i like alot did the game between duke and wake forest on saturday night (march 9). if i not mistaken, this official also was the only black official who worked the crew for the ohio state and Iowa game on sunday afternoon (march 10). who were the officials for both of these games as well?
Old Sun Mar 10, 2002, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

i just checked out his picture. it is ed hightower. i think pretty highly of the man. his mechanics are top notch. but i personally dont agree with what HE DIDNT do in the bob knight/ted valentine situation. but hey, people are not perfect, so he still has my respect.
Old Sun Mar 10, 2002, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ovens

hey, i think the official i like alot did the game between duke and wake forest on saturday night (march 9). if i not mistaken, this official also was the only black official who worked the crew for the ohio state and Iowa game on sunday afternoon (march 10). who were the officials for both of these games as well?
OSU/Iowa had two black officials - R Ted Rucker (apparently in his last Big X game), and U Ed Hightower. The other U was Ted Hillary.
Old Mon Mar 11, 2002, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

OSU/Iowa had two black officials - R Ted Rucker (apparently in his last Big X game), and U Ed Hightower. The other U was Ted Hillary. [/B][/QUOTE]
i did notice that one of the officials, which was black, which u said was ted rucker. well i wonder how old he is becuase he certainly didnt get up and down the court well at all. he was walking quite a bit atually, especially when he was the center. but hightower seems to really haev his **** together, hes really impressive.