The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 30, 2008, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Women Tournament Officials (d1 ncaa and nit)

A list of ncaaa d1 and nit tournament games with scores and officials is available at:

http://www.phillyref.com/basketball/...officials.html

The list will be updated for completed games and allows filtering to display the games for a specified official.

A womens college tournament hub page is also available with information and links for ncaa, nit, naia and njcaa tournaments. It includes tourney dates, seeds and bracket links. For the NCAA D1 and NIT tourneys schedules with links to boxscores, teams and conferences are also included.
The link is:

http://www.phillyref.com/basketball/...asketball.html

Please direct any corrections, questions or suggestions to Bill at [email protected].
Old Sun Mar 30, 2008, 12:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Watch Out. Here It Comes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanja
Womens college tournament
wanja: After only forty-nine posts, I don't think you know what's about to happen. My advice, duck, because it's already on it's way.

Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 07:56am
Courageous When Prudent

Interesting. A crew worked both an NIT game on March 27th and then an NCAA game on March 29th.
  • 08:3/27 nit 3rd St. John's 65-56 Boston College Denise Brooks-Clauser, Bonita Spence, Joe Vaszily
    08:3/29 ncaad1 3rd Louisiana State 67-52 Oklahoma State Denise Brooks-Clauser, Bonita Spence, Joseph Vaszily

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
You can plug Brewton into the OK City Regional final
If so, that's probably information that Eric Brewton doesn't need getting publicized ahead of time.

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:59am.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for putting this together!
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

I'm not able to access it at all. Error is server not found.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 02:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
wanja: After only forty-nine posts, I don't think you know what's about to happen. My advice, duck, because it's already on it's way.

If you do not mind Billy, what are you talking about?

Peace
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 05:35pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, I finally got in.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 06:46pm
Esteemed Forum Member

You Know What I Mean ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you do not mind Billy, what are you talking about?
From Jurassic Referee: "The most truly amazing thing about this whole thread?
Jeff Rutledge was watching a Wimmens' game.....and admitted it"

From fullor30": "Da wimmens had no chance when you slipped on unchained melody."

From Jurassic Referee: "Wimmen are different. Really. I'm not kidding. Isn't the NCAA Wimmens for "holding the ball" only? And you can call it both in the front and backcourts? And their distance is 3 feet as opposed to 6'?"

From Dan ref: "Uh-oh, someone call security. The wimmens is gettin' restless..."

From Jurassic Referee: "I wonder how M&M did last night in his Friday Night Wimmens Bowling League."

From Mark T. DeNucci: "Yup, I'd love to see us actually jump 'em up in one of those JV wimmensgetting games where they have forty-eleven held balls."

I'm not sure what some Forum member hate worse; womens basketball, collegiate, or WNBA, NBA basketball, or basketball involving FIBA rules?

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 06:52pm.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 07:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I'm not sure what some Forum member hate worse; womens basketball, collegiate, or WNBA, NBA basketball, or basketball involving FIBA rules?
Add IAABO and your list is pretty much complete.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
From Jurassic Referee: "The most truly amazing thing about this whole thread?
Jeff Rutledge was watching a Wimmens' game.....and admitted it"

From fullor30": "Da wimmens had no chance when you slipped on unchained melody."

From Jurassic Referee: "Wimmen are different. Really. I'm not kidding. Isn't the NCAA Wimmens for "holding the ball" only? And you can call it both in the front and backcourts? And their distance is 3 feet as opposed to 6'?"

From Dan ref: "Uh-oh, someone call security. The wimmens is gettin' restless..."

From Jurassic Referee: "I wonder how M&M did last night in his Friday Night Wimmens Bowling League."

From Mark T. DeNucci: "Yup, I'd love to see us actually jump 'em up in one of those JV wimmensgetting games where they have forty-eleven held balls."

Boy, you got me pegged wrong. My Righteous brothers picture and comment was saying the ladies had 'no chance' back in the day when us high school lotharios popped on a Righteous brothers tune. I used 'da wimmen' in jest as it was the common reference in the thread. I'm a big fan of girls hoops, mostly on the high school level

Last edited by fullor30; Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:26pm.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 08:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Billy,

This is a list. Not a commentary on the type of game and the quality of the game. This is not even a conversation about which side you want to work. It is just a list. And if you noticed not a single person has made light of this topic.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 01, 2008, 06:29am
Esteemed Forum Member

Sorry ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30
I'm a big fan of girls hoops, mostly on the high school level
Sorry. I didn't understand your reference. I'm also a fan of girls interscholastic basketball.

I don't think it's necessary that Forum members be "fans" of all types of basketball. I'm not. I just think that we, as officials, should be respectful of those that are fans of the WNBA, NBA, etc. Some consider officials to be guardians of the game.

http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m3/2564164850
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 07:44am
Courageous When Prudent

Interesting, Felicia Grinter officiated 4 NCAA-M's games this year, including a conference tournament game while also making it to the Elite 8 on the Women's side, reffing the Rutgers/UConn game.

I had noticed her during the regular season b/c 2 of her Men's games were on ESPNU.
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Did you see the attendance listed in the box score of that elite 8 game?
More people showed up for a HS game that I did this year. I'm shocked that the figure is so low.

Attendance: 4,623