WKU/UCLA: Zelton Steed, Curtis Shaw, J.B. Caldwell

East Region:
WSU/UNC: Ray Perone, Tim Higgins, John Hughes
UL/Tenn: Verne Harris, Dick Cartmell, Gerry Pollard
Old Fri Mar 28, 2008, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
Glad to see Curtis Shaw after he adjudicated the rules on bench decorum so well. When they do it well at the highest level, it makes it much easier for us to enforce.
It'll be interesting to see if Hall advances after he was trying to ignore the coach.
c'mon, you are kidding right...we all know that if possible one of your partners gives the coach the 2nd one.....and since Hall stuck him for his first one, it isn't surprising that someone else gave him his second one...
Old Fri Mar 28, 2008, 08:06pm
Huck Finn

Les Jones is doing the Texas/Stanford and he seems to be on his game! You can see him looking off ball and he is moving into positions that make sense. In fact this whole crew seems to be working together with a purpose. Other officials/crews are jumping (literally) around and doing things that make you wonder.
Why is it that you can see this crew watching off ball, but you can't tell what other crews are looking at. I know I have my new LCD, but it isn't doing that much.
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 09:05am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Why is it that you can see this crew watching off ball, but you can't tell what other crews are looking at.
No offense, but they're watching off-ball, too. Nobody gets to the NCAA tournament without officiating off the ball.
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 09:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
No offense, but they're watching off-ball, too. Nobody gets to the NCAA tournament without officiating off the ball.
Watching ? Probably so, although I haven't noticed a bunch of off ball calls.
Must be the smart play.
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 05:48pm
Huck Finn

Scrapper, no offense taken. If you watched that game I was talking about you would have seen that crew obviously watching the ball and that isn't always the case. I'm sorry if I've never drank the Kool-Aid - making it on TV doesn't mean that when I see an official ball-watching on my TV screen they aren't really doing it.

On another note, Jamie Luckie, Gary Maxwell and Ed Hightower are doing the Xavier/UCLA game. The ACC has some strong representation this weekend. I don't know if I've seen Karl Hess during the tournament, but unless he had a paperwork snafu I would be surprised to not see him this weekend.
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 05:56pm
Huck Finn

Jamie Luckie just called an intentional foul for grabbing the jersey. A great call that is sometimes overlooked or called as a common foul.
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
I don't know if I've seen Karl Hess during the tournament, but unless he had a paperwork snafu I would be surprised to not see him this weekend.
Karl Hess worked the Michigan St - Memphis game on Friday night.
Old Sun Mar 30, 2008, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
I thought the 3rd official gave the 1st T, not Hall. If not, my bad. Still, Shaw had to move Hall aside to assess the 2nd T.
Johnson drew the technicals in quick succession after officials called Stanford's Lawrence Hill for a foul on Marquette's Lazar Hayward with 3:36 remaining.
The first technical was assessed by David Hall as the teams went to a timeout. Johnson received the second technical, and the ejection, from Curtis Shaw when he walked toward the officials near the top of the key with his hands on his hips.

from this link
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...ory?id=3307154