The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 02, 2002, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

I am currently a H.S. official with a junior college nearby. Does anyone know how to get into officiating junior college games or information on getting certified with NJCAA. Is there a web site with info. Thanks
Old Sat Mar 02, 2002, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

I'll give you the same advice I give to posters who want to enter officiating for the first time.

Go to a game and talk to the officials or call the AD and see who the supervisor is for the conference.
Old Sat Mar 02, 2002, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
If there is a local JC then somebody in your local association has got to be a JC official. Find them and find out what camp he went to to get on the roster. Your profile doesn't say where you are from. Let us know so that one of us can tell you which website to look at.
Old Sat Mar 02, 2002, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

the good thing about it, is at least in my state, there are no tests for it. All you have to do is go to a meeting, but they assume that you know EVERYTHING, as well you should if you are doing it. It isn't too difficult, good money, and is "glorified high school", have fun with it, and good luck! let us know how it goes. usually, all you have to do is contact the ad, if you don't know who that is, contact the coach or other school personal to find out. Is this men's or women's ball?
Old Tue Mar 05, 2002, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
In Washington State we have two JC assignors. One for the North/West Division of the NWAACC and one for the South/East. I got hired by the North/West assignor by attending camps and getting exposure, then contacting her letting her know I was interested in working in the NWAACC.
That was 3 years ago. Good luck in your quest.
Old Tue Mar 05, 2002, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

These are all good suggestions. Hopefully there is a local camp in your area or state where you can be seen by state small college and juco assignors. That would be your best best best. Although I do disagree with another post that it is "glorified high school." Here in Florida the JUCO leagues are outstanding. They are much better than any high school game you will find in the state for sure. I guess it depends on where you live in the country. So, be ready for anything and everything.
Good Luck.