The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Official working both the Men and Women's NCAA Tournament in the same Year!

For all of you who were convinced it was impossible last year (see Official working both the Men and Women's NCAA Tournament in the same Year? ) it WILL happen this year.

There is a D-I official working a Men's game tonight and a Women's game on Sunday. I will post links to box scores after Sunday's games.

I don't want to get into the details yet, because there is more secrecy with who's working what game this year than there is about what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa. We can all thank Mr Donaghy for that.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_REF
For all of you who were convinced it was impossible last year (see Official working both the Men and Women's NCAA Tournament in the same Year? ) it WILL happen this year.

There is a D-I official working a Men's game tonight and a Women's game on Sunday. I will post links to box scores after Sunday's games.

I don't want to get into the details yet, because there is more secrecy with who's working what game this year than there is about what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa. We can all thank Mr Donaghy for that.
It's gotta be Scofield, right?
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 07:12pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
I don't want to get into the details yet, because there is more secrecy with who's working what game this year than there is about what really happened to Jimmy Hoffa.
Jimmy Hoffa is alive and well and working at a 7-11 in North Dakota with Elvis. I thought everybody knew that. In fact, I was there a few weeks ago. I drove up into the parking lot and Elvis was closing the store down. I told him their sign said they were open 24 hours. He replied, "Huh, not in a row."

My kingdom for some meds.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Jimmy Hoffa is alive and well and working at a 7-11 in North Dakota with Elvis. I thought everybody knew that. In fact, I was there a few weeks ago. I drove up into the parking lot and Elvis was closing the store down. I told him their sign said they were open 24 hours. He replied, "Huh, not in a row."

Nice theft from Steven Wright.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

In reviewing the thread you referenced, it seems that YOU were one of the biggest doubters in the bunch.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett

But if you actually took your meds, you'd have no kingdom.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
In reviewing the thread you referenced, it seems that YOU were one of the biggest doubters in the bunch.
I wasn't a doubter. I merely reported the facts. Last year, they said it was impossible. This year however, the women's side planned for it and assigned a Sunday site accordingly.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
I wasn't a doubter. I merely reported the facts. Last year, they said it was impossible. This year however, the women's side planned for it and assigned a Sunday site accordingly.
You think the women planned it, so they could poach a men's ref? LOL. I seriously doubt it.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 05:15am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I will become impressed when an official works both the men's and women's side of the NCAA and NIT tournaments!
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 06:24am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
But if you actually took your meds, you'd have no kingdom.
Priceless !
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
You think the women planned it, so they could poach a men's ref? LOL. I seriously doubt it.
Someone had to have planned something to ensure availability.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 08:13am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Someone had to have planned something to ensure availability.
And it's not "poaching" because the official obviously works both on a regular basis. Poaching connotes taking something that isn't yours, so to speak. This is clearly not the case here. It's simply two organizations making sure they both get a piece of the same official.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

You mean an official can be excellent in men's AND women's basketball? Say it isn't so. Heresy! And I had always heard that it was impossible to adjust to the differences between the two levels.
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Question Welmer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I will become impressed when an official works both the men's and women's side of the NCAA and NIT tournaments!
Just give ole Steverino time! HE'LL GET THERE!!
Old Fri Mar 21, 2008, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
If anyone did the poaching, it was the men. He was a women's official first but works 20+ games on both sides now.