The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Why was my Stanford/UCLA post taken down? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/42531-why-my-stanford-ucla-post-taken-down.html)

lpbreeze Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:43pm

Why was my Stanford/UCLA post taken down?

WTF is up with that? Unless I'm just missing it. There was no reason to take it down. The refs blew some calls late in the game and it hurt Stanford but that wasn't my only point.

Adam Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpbreeze
WTF is up with that? Unless I'm just missing it. There was no reason to take it down. The refs blew some calls late in the game and it hurt Stanford but that wasn't my only point.

So when is your camp starting?

lpbreeze Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:48pm

If a post is spam or if there is some good reason then sure take it down but mine wasn't. Honestly, I don't know why people get so upset here when there is criticism of officials. They made bad calls because I believe they got caught up in the excitement of the last couple minutes and UCLA had momentum. The other parts of the game were fine.

Dan_ref Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:50pm

Quote:

If a post is spam or if there is some good reason then sure take it down but mine wasn't. Honestly, I don't know why people get so upset here when there is criticism of officials. They made bad calls because I believe they got caught up in the excitement of the last couple minutes and UCLA had momentum. The other parts of the game were fine.

I think I know why it got deleted. I'll try & not call you an azzhole again.

Carry on.

Adam Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:53pm

Quote:

Your post wasn't targeted. The entire thread was deleted because the moderator felt it had degenerated into something counterproductive to the purposes of this board.

I haven't seen the game, nor have I seen replays of any particular calls that you may think were wrong. I will say, however, that the part I highlighted in red above is even more wrong-headed than your insinuation that the last couple minutes of regulation were horribly officiated.

You're either attacking their competence or their integrity. Which is it?

rockyroad Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:54pm

I think it was Nevadaref's fault for mentioning a program on ESPN radio - that made the moderators mad since it was an obvious and unnecessary plug for a different corporation!:)

Dan_ref Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You're either attacking their competence or their integrity. Which is it?

Couldn't it just be he's drumming up interest for his camp?

Adam Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Couldn't it just be he's drumming up interest for his camp?

It's possible. He's gonna need to do some serious marketing at those prices.

Jurassic Referee Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:56pm

Quote:

The refs blew some calls late in the game and it hurt Stanford but that wasn't my only point.

Oh? What was your point then? That you don't have a freaking clue when it comes to officiating basketball? That a so-called official with your limited knowledge and experience should keep away from trying to do something that you're not even remotely qualified to do....critique D1 officials? That you have the basic integrity level of the average clueless fanboy that shows up here to whine about the mean old officials?

Feel free to make your point again.

Be prepared when you do so.

Indianaref Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:56pm

Quote:

Honestly, I don't know why people get so upset here when there is criticism of officials.

Because the guys in black and white strips are our team.

Bad Zebra Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:56pm

Just a guess...but I'll bet this thread disappears as well. It's just taking up valuable server space.

Dan_ref Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
It's possible. He's gonna need to do some serious marketing at those prices.

How about if he throws in a 14" carrot?

Jurassic Referee Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:57pm

Quote:

I'll try & not call you an azzhole again.

He's an azzhole.

I never make promises that I can't keep.

lpbreeze Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:58pm

my point was that in games when one team starts getting on a roll sometimes the officials start favoring the stronger team. It usually won't last and once the other team gets a few baskets it goes back. It doesn't happen a lot. I've seen it before in Duke and UNC games many times and high school games especially. Miami/UNC game last year when the Miami coach get ejected is an example. But the calls at the end of the Standford game were not consistent with how the game was officiated for the first 80% of the game. The game was called well just not at the end. I'm not a Stanford fan.

Jurassic Referee Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:59pm

Quote:

How about if he throws in a 14" carrot?

You can't get a 14" carrot from a 1" carrot person.

Simple mathematics.