The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Nike shoes worn by DI officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/4250-nike-shoes-worn-di-officials.html)

ReadyToRef Thu Feb 28, 2002 02:01pm

Peach Belt Tournament.

Does anyone know the style of the Nike shoes worn by DI officials?

ReadyToRef Thu Feb 28, 2002 02:05pm

Forgot to add..

Does anyone know where they can be found?

tharbert Thu Feb 28, 2002 02:12pm

Style - Black
Where - On D1 official's feet!

Mark is rubbing off on me! :cool:

RecRef Thu Feb 28, 2002 02:18pm

Don't know if they are the same shoe but if you have a Kole's in your area give them a try. Saw black Nikes there around the end of January.

crew Sat Mar 02, 2002 01:14pm

readytoref,
the shoes are tn air max. i was at the tourney were you working? they are in eastbay magazine and exclusive at foot locker only, they were 139 but have been reduce to 99. also they come with laces or in the non lace fashion. because my shoes always come untied during games i prefer the non-lace shoes.

mick Sat Mar 02, 2002 02:27pm

Quote:

Originally posted by crew
.... because my shoes always come untied during games i prefer the non-lace shoes.
crew,
Just for fun try tying a "Square bow" instead of the "Granny bow".
You'll be pleased. ;)
mick

Bart Tyson Sat Mar 02, 2002 02:56pm

Quote:

because my shoes always come untied during games i prefer the non-lace shoes. [/B]
one, two, buckle your shoe. :) And if that don't work try duct tape.

bob jenkins Sat Mar 02, 2002 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
Quote:

.... because my shoes always come untied during games i prefer the non-lace shoes.
crew,
Just for fun try tying a "Square bow" instead of the "Granny bow".
You'll be pleased. ;)
mick

Or, tuck the loops / ends into the laces along the tongue of the shoe.

Josh Ovens Wed Mar 06, 2002 03:42pm

Quote:

readytoref,
the shoes are tn air max. i was at the tourney were you working? they are in eastbay magazine and exclusive at foot locker only, they were 139 but have been reduce to 99. also they come with laces or in the non lace fashion. because my shoes always come untied during games i prefer the non-lace shoes.

i was trying to find the shoes, i was wanting to know if u could direct me to how to obtain them. i had trouble finding them on the eastbay online and coudlnt find it on the footlocker.com either. i have eastbay catalog, but maybe im just skipping over it. i would appreciate your help crew.

crew Wed Mar 06, 2002 04:06pm

josh,
go to eastbay.com and the product # is 03796001. the correct name for them is nike air max plus slip on. they do not have the shoes with laces currently.
the magazine i see them in is the mid-february issue on page 9. hope this helps.

Josh Ovens Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:42pm

Quote:

josh,
go to eastbay.com and the product # is 03796001. the correct name for them is nike air max plus slip on. they do not have the shoes with laces currently.
the magazine i see them in is the mid-february issue on page 9. hope this helps.

thakns crew i appreciate it. can these be worn at the high school level? it was easy to notice they are not all black. but i was curious to know what the " big dogs" were wearing. thanks again.:)

crew Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:43am

i wear them for highschool. if it is a problem the grey can be colored with a magic marker.

Mark Dexter Thu Mar 07, 2002 01:15am

Quote:

Originally posted by Josh Ovens

thakns crew i appreciate it. can these be worn at the high school level? it was easy to notice they are not all black. but i was curious to know what the " big dogs" were wearing. thanks again.:)

Josh, I definately think this is one of those check with your own supervisor/assignor type things. Crew's HS assoc. seems to be very much modeled after D-I, but yours may not.

dblref Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:52pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

Originally posted by Josh Ovens

Josh, I definately think this is one of those check with your own supervisor/assignor type things. Crew's HS assoc. seems to be very much modeled after D-I, but yours may not.

We can wear either white or black in my HS association. The only rule is that both, or all 3 in 3-person, have to wear the same. Some officials use nike, some converse, and someone told me about some from Avia(?).