The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Need a name (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/42468-need-name.html)

fullor30 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29am

Need a name

We have some pretty clever writers on this site and I'd like help on a name for a 3on3 tourney that my daughter is involved with at IU in Bloomington. Proceeds go to the Riley children's hospital.

C,mon Padgett!

NewNCref Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30
We have some pretty clever writers on this site and I'd like help on a name for a 3on3 tourney that my daughter is involved with at IU in Bloomington. Proceeds go to the Riley children's hospital.

C,mon Padgett!

You mean a team name?

fullor30 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewNCref
You mean a team name?

No, name for the tourney......like Riley Roundball 3 on 3 Tourney.

socalreff Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59am

Title

Hoosiers for Hospital 3 on 3

fullor30 Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalreff
Hoosiers for Hospital 3 on 3

Not bad.......

mick Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:19pm

Hoops for Hopes

Adam Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:22pm

Big Shots for Little sh...

Never mind.

fullor30 Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Big Shots for Little sh...

Never mind.

Right, never mind:D

CoachP Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28pm

Rebounds for Riley

Coltdoggs Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:45pm

Riley Run N' Gun 3 on 3

Personally, I really like Hoops for Hope

Adam Wed Mar 05, 2008 01:12pm

Okay.
Shots for Tots

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 05, 2008 01:16pm

How about the "Jon Diebler Memorial Tournament"? :p Actually, Hoops For Hope is pretty good. Although I also like Shots For Tots, the kids in the hospital might not like being reminded of shots. I'd stay away from that.

Adam Wed Mar 05, 2008 01:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
How about the "Jon Diebler Memorial Tournament"? :p Actually, Hoops For Hope is pretty good. Although I also like Shots For Tots, the kids in the hospital might not like being reminded of shots. I'd stay away from that.

I thought about "Shots for Shots" along those lines.

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 05, 2008 02:09pm

Got another one: "Dribbling For Dollars", although it doesn't necessarily tie in to the hospital. Depending on how good your girls are, you might use "Turnovers For Tots". ;)

Gee - maybe we can come up with a name that incorporates "over the back" or "reach". That way, at least coaches would recognize it. :o

BTW - I'm volunteering on a project to raise funds to restore an old junker of a car for a local GI who's stationed in Iraq. We want to have it ready to surprise him when he returns this summer. The project is called "Operation Overhaul".

Raymond Wed Mar 05, 2008 02:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Gee - maybe we can come up with a name that incorporates "over the back" or "reach". That way, at least coaches would recognize it. :o

Reaching-in for Riley 3-on-3 Benefit Tournament.