The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

So in high school and college if team A is not in the penalty then they would just get the ball out of bounds?? That doesn't seem fair since A1 missed his layup, or atleast was deprieved of attempting it, because B1 pushed A2 into him. B1 should be assessed an intentional at the very least I would think. I don't see how it could't be intentional.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

OK, This is very poor grammar. " A foul is committed by any opponent of a player who has started a try or tap for goal etc.... Now according to the English language, this means any opponent who fouls the shooter. However, after reading 6.7D in the case book, then i will concur with you guys. I will admit i am wrong. I will continue to hold my head high even in defeat and at the same time be humble. So you don't have to get in my face with the " i told you so's ". And that is all i have to say concerning this subject. Except, it would be nice if one, just one of you guys would agree the wording is poor grammar.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

i agree, the wording is poor and can be confusing. I think this play is good to talk about in regards to a try for goal. when does the shooting motion start? how often do you watch a college game on tv and see baskets waved off when they should have counted. continuation is the same of every level, although many people don't think that. the shooting motion starts when the ball is picked up in an effort to shoot. it's good to have an understanding of that concept so that we don't take points or free throws away from players in the act of shooting.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

I would probably call this an intentional foul with A2 shooting the 2 shots.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 10:01pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
So you don't have to get in my face with the " i told you so's ".
I told you so!
The debbil made me do it!
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Bart, I had the same internal brainfart midseason where I convinced myself of the same thing. If it twern't fer thees hier boored, dont know wut i wud do.