The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Uniforms (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/42141-uniforms.html)

RCBSports Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17pm

Uniforms

Well, I just got back from a game that I went to watch the officiating crew. All four of us saw that the home team was wearing a different color uniform.

According to our rules, all home teams MUST wear white uniforms. However, they tried to wear orange. The penalty is a 'T' for the five starts and a 'T' for each NEW player that enters the game. So before the game would start, 12 shots would've been made.

The thing that I didn't understand is that the JV game had white uniforms. That's odd to have two different uniforms. The coach tried to claim that the rule didn't take affect until next year, however, we know he was trying to lie. We were told that the seniors wanted to celebrate their senior night with wearing the orange jerseys.

Anyway, after him getting all made and all that, he got his team and they had to put on the JV uniforms. So I was wondering how you would've dealt with this problem and what your opinion is.

Thanks

RCBSports

BillyMac Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:36pm

State ???

Each state has it's own guidelines.

Connecticut:
Call the technical if home team does not wear white uniforms. Player/team technical is called for each starter and any substitute who enters the game. Applies only to VARSITY team. Situation – Home Team A has non-white uniforms. Team B receives 10 technical free throws to start the game plus the ball. Team A is assess 5 team fouls and each player is assessed a technical which counts toward their allows of 5 fouls before disqualification.
Exceptions are:
1. CIAC grants a waiver to team and notifies Assignment Commissioner who will notify officials
2. visiting team agrees to wear white and home team can wear non-white
3. allowance is made for home team which may host a tournament and need to wear non-white uniform on 2nd day of tournament
Notify Commissioner after game if such situation occurs in your game.

BktBallRef Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCBSports
According to our rules, all home teams MUST wear white uniforms. However, they tried to wear orange. The penalty is a 'T' for the five starts and a 'T' for each NEW player that enters the game. So before the game would start, 12 shots would've been made.

12 shots? :confused:

RCBSports Sat Feb 23, 2008 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
12 shots? :confused:

Yea, I may be wrong though. I know each player gets it, but I wasn't sure if the coach got one too. I will double check on that.

RCBSports

Jurassic Referee Sat Feb 23, 2008 09:40am

Quote:

Yea, I may be wrong though. I know each player gets it, but I wasn't sure if the coach got one too. I will double check on that.

RCBSports

The coach doesn't get charged with a technical foul.

RCBSports Sat Feb 23, 2008 09:45am

ok, then 10 shots. 2 shots per 'T' equals 10.

RCBSports

Adam Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:03am

Hopefully the JV uniforms didn't have different numbers than the orange ones. :)

BktBallRef Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Hopefully the JV uniforms didn't have different numbers than the orange ones. :)

Even if they didn't, it's no big deal. 1 T.

Back In The Saddle Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Even if they didn't, it's no big deal. 1 T.

Bringing the grand total to ... 12 :)

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:27am

Quote:

ok, then 10 shots. 2 shots per 'T' equals 10.

RCBSports

Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were counting in metric. :eek:

RCBSports Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24pm

lol; yea. i thought the coach got one too, but i was wrong on that part. but yeah, no metric.

thanks

RCBSports