The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 22, 2008, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

To try to get back on topic.....I "T"ed another one up last night. Maybe I didn't have to, but I did. My guess is that this was my first game with him, Varsity boys, and my partners must have done some of his games before. Because he was on me from the gate.

Every play he was complaining to me about a no call. He had a player drive into the lane at low post and the defender went vertical to defend, I got nothing. Another play his player shoots a 3 and comes back to the floor and the defender is there, ( nothing ) the shooter falls backwards trying to draw the foul, nothing there. On the way down the floor again the coach is chirping. I give him the stop sign and he continues. "T". then he asks why. I explain that I am not going to listen to him all night. Done. He went on to win by 15 and never said another word to me.

10 "T"s in 50 games. Most years I have 3 or 4 for the season. I know you say, they are what they are and most of them I feel confident about but 10 in one year....I hope it gets better next year.

BTW, one of the fun things was that I refed the game for a coach I used to coach with ( we coached the same team he was head coach, I was the assistant ) One call I made an PC foul on his player, He yells " Mr. Official " He didn't have position. I just thought it was funny, he called me " Mr. Official ".

I thought sure his team would win the game. He has 3 players over 6'5". The other team had no one over 6'1". He had his 6'7" player outside the 3 point line half the night. Makes you wonder. BTW, he was not a 3 point shooter. Just sharing.