The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   With a little bit of the season left. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41932-little-bit-season-left.html)

kmw Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:15am

With a little bit of the season left.

Last night, GV contest between 2 schools that might see each other in regional play. Big star player for H, gets caught in poor position under the offensive basket. Not much she can do, she tries to shoot but gets blocked and visiting team is off. As I run by home HC, she tells me "thats bullcrap Kim, thats bullcrap". Turn and WHACK! This lady has been working the officials all year and I am tired of everyone worrying about rankings and being scratched.

Later in 4Q, best play for V, fouls out with a player control foul in low corner in front of their bench. In frustration she puts her arm out and pushes the defensive player to try and create an opportunity. Tweet and sent her to bench.

I can tell that the season is winding down - I did not make the post season list this year and have found out that many coaches did not take the time to vote for their top 30 for post season assignments.

bob jenkins Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmw
Last night, GV contest between 2 schools that might see each other in regional play. Big star player for H, gets caught in poor position under the offensive basket. Not much she can do, she tries to shoot but gets blocked and visiting team is off. As I run by home HC, she tells me "thats bullcrap Kim, thats bullcrap". Turn and WHACK! This lady has been working the officials all year and I am tired of everyone worrying about rankings and being scratched.

Unless this was part of a continuing comment on "every" call that had previously been addressed with a "warning", then I don't think I would have T'd for this.

rainmaker Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Unless this was part of a continuing comment on "every" call that had previously been addressed with a "warning", then I don't think I would have T'd for this.

I would.

JugglingReferee Fri Feb 15, 2008 09:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins

I agree. For me, if the comment is part of accumulated BS, then it's a T.

Terrapins Fan Fri Feb 15, 2008 09:12am

Would you take talk like that from a player? I wouldn't, we often take too much from a coach. Coaches know this so they try to work you. I work with guys who have never called a "T" . I don't have that much patience.

I would have whacked her, it seems unsporting to me. JMO.

But then again, my name should be Mr. "T". Still sitting on 9 after 49 games.

stripes Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan
Would you take talk like that from a player? I wouldn't, we often take too much from a coach. Coaches know this so they try to work you. I work with guys who have never called a "T" . I don't have that much patience.

I would have whacked her, it seems unsporting to me. JMO.

But then again, my name should be Mr. "T". Still sitting on 9 after 49 games.

Amen to this.