The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   YIKES - tourney coming up this weekend (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41813-yikes-tourney-coming-up-weekend.html)

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 11, 2008 02:58pm

YIKES - tourney coming up this weekend

Just found out the extent of the President's Day MS Tournament coming up this weekend here in Portland. 180 games in 3 days at 5 multi-court venues! Better tune up the ice maker in my freezer for my legs. :p

I really don't want more than 3 games per day since I also have local rec league games the same days. Fortunately, one of the venues is my local HS. Maybe I won't have to drive too far. I sent an email to the assignors. Hope they have a heart.

M&M Guy Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
180 games in 3 days at 5 multi-court venues!

If you were good, you would do these without complaining like some old guy.

:D

Dan_ref Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy
If you were good, you would do these without complaining like some old guy.

:D

What good is being an old guy if you can't complain??

:confused:

M&M Guy Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref

When (and if) I ever get old, I'll let you know. :p

Dan_ref Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:35pm

Quote:

When (and if) I ever get old, I'll let you know. :p

Well Mark, I tried to defend you but he's just hell-bent on kicking you old f@ckers (that's pronounced fa t Kers) around today.

Jurassic Referee Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:43pm

Quote:

It's a God-given right for old guys. It's even written somewhere in the Constitution iirc. It says sumthin' like <i>"Any old guy shall have the right to be a cranky sumb!tch."</i>

M&M Guy Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
It's a God-given right for old guys. It's even written somewhere in the Constitution iirc. It says sumthin' like <i>"Any old guy shall have the right to be a cranky sumb!tch."</i>

What does that Constitution say about old gals?

<font size=1>Bad M&M Guy! Bad, bad M&M Guy!</font size>

Dan_ref Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:54pm

Quote:

What does that Constitution say about old gals?

<font size=1>Bad M&M Guy! Bad, bad M&M Guy!</font size>

I wouldn't go there...if you want to keep your kneecaps..

http://clinton-legacy.org/humor/hill...a_sopranos.jpg

dblref Tue Feb 12, 2008 07:44am

Quote:

I am now 64, will be 65 in May. I have thought that is my God-given right since I turned 21. :p

just another ref Tue Feb 12, 2008 02:34pm

Quote:

You recall when they wrote the Constitution?:D

Mark Padgett Tue Feb 12, 2008 05:15pm

Quote:

New bumper sticker:

"Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife for President."

Mark Padgett Wed Feb 13, 2008 08:29pm

Just got an email from that assignor. He picked up another tournament during the same time frame due to a problem that tourney was having with the guy they were using, so now he has to assign about 350 games, not 180!

Anyone know where I can get morphine over the counter? :p

Mark Dexter Wed Feb 13, 2008 09:59pm

Quote:

Just got an email from that assignor. He picked up another tournament during the same time frame due to a problem that tourney was having with the guy they were using, so now he has to assign about 350 games, not 180!

Sure - it's easy.

Go to your doctor, have him write you a prescription, then bring said prescription to a local pharmacy. The pharmacist will usually hand the MSO4 over a counter right into your hands.

26 Year Gap Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30pm

Quote:

Well Mark, I tried to defend you but he's just hell-bent on kicking you old f@ckers (that's pronounced fa t Kers) around today.

Thanks.;)

26 Year Gap Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34pm

Quote:

Hey, if he can assign a game a minute he'll be done in no time. Or at least under 6 hours.