The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Flop (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41776-flop.html)

scotties7125 Sun Feb 10, 2008 07:14pm

Flop

Watching hs game. H is playign very agressively and up by 30 by the half. V1 drives the lane and jumps to make his shot, before the shot goes off H1 is guarding him and while V1 is in the air (bout a foot from making contact.) H1 starts to fall. Refs didnt call anything but the coach is yelling that a technical. is this a tech?

bob jenkins Sun Feb 10, 2008 07:15pm

"faking being fouled" is a T, by rule.

How it's called varies.

grunewar Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins
How it's called varies.

If it's called at all.......which it rarely is IMO.

Adam Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:20pm

"Faking being fouled" is a T.
Starting your fall in anticipation of contact is not. It's a form of bracing oneself for imminent contact; althought sometimes it prevents a foul from occurring by preventing the contact that seemed imminent.

grunewar Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
"Faking being fouled" is a T.
Starting your fall in anticipation of contact is not. It's a form of bracing oneself for imminent contact; althought sometimes it prevents a foul from occurring by preventing the contact that seemed imminent.

You must be watching the Clemson vs UNC game! :p

Adam Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
You must be watching the Clemson vs UNC game! :p

Nope. Stuck at a hotel in Denver watching limited cable.
ESPN has the Nuggets/Cavs game. Broadcast is between 60 minutes, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, American Gladiators, and America's Funniest Videos. I can only handle watching so many guys get a bat in the groin (I'm not Dan, you know). History Channel has a show on the Kennedy Assassination. It's a slow night. I think I'll shine my boots.

Adam Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:40pm

Okay, the bit about the fake lottery tickets was funny.

grunewar Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:44pm

Quote:

Nope. Stuck at a hotel in Denver watching limited cable.
ESPN has the Nuggets/Cavs game. Broadcast is between 60 minutes, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, American Gladiators, and America's Funniest Videos. I can only handle watching so many guys get a bat in the groin (I'm not Dan, you know). History Channel has a show on the Kennedy Assassination. It's a slow night. I think I'll shine my boots.

Sounds like fun! sarc.

Clemson vs UNC is tied w/ 30 secs left. There have been several blarges in the game (moslty called blocks) and several where the player "anticipated contact" and went down prior to contact.....interesting game.

Good luck!

truerookie Sun Feb 10, 2008 08:55pm

Quote:

I think I'll shine my boots.

Make sure they are highly shined!! :D

SamIAm Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotties7125
Watching hs game. H is playign very agressively and up by 30 by the half. V1 drives the lane and jumps to make his shot, before the shot goes off H1 is guarding him and while V1 is in the air (bout a foot from making contact.) H1 starts to fall. Refs didnt call anything but the coach is yelling that a technical. is this a tech?

Maybe, it depends on what the coach is yelling.