The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Blarge - who's ball now? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41554-blarge-whos-ball-now.html)

ranjo Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:17pm

Blarge - who's ball now?

This question was posed during a pre-game tonight, and I told the crew I would ask the question here and see what you could offer.

Using NFHS rules, if we have a blarge, what happens next?

1. Do we charge both fouls, go to the point of interuption, and give the ball back to the offense

2. Do we charge both fouls and go to the arrow?

3. Is there something else you would do?

Please back up your replies with rules references please.

Gimlet25id Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjo
This question was posed during a pre-game tonight, and I told the crew I would ask the question here and see what you could offer.

1. Do we charge both fouls, go to the point of interuption, and give the ball back to the offense

EDIT...4.19.8

According to the FED, if you have a Blarge (where 2 different officials prelim. one block , one charge) then you would actually call a double foul give the ball back to the team that was in control when it happened. If the shot was released before the contact then you no longer have T/C so you would go to the A, unless it was a made basket. Made basket then go POI.

For the record I don't like this but it is the FED rule. When working a FED game then the FED rules apply.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:52pm

AAAGGGHHH!!! A BLARGE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

MTD, Sr.

truerookie Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:58pm

lukealex Sat Feb 02, 2008 01:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjo

There are different scenerios where this can happen, there have been many threads discussing this. Search for blarge, you'll find plenty.

bigdogrunnin Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:59am

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Not another freaking BLARGE!!!

Odd Duck Sat Feb 02, 2008 03:47pm

I have had one and it was this year. I was L (3 whistles)...very loud gym...there is a crash right on the edge of my peripheral (sp) vision. I held my whistle for a moment but A was definetly disadvanted in attempting the shot so I hit the whistle and call a block. I look up and the T is standing right there...fist in the air...other hand behind his head... both coaches start yelling.

The T reports his foul then tells both coaches his whistle was a couple of seconds before mine...evidenced by him having time to make it all the way to the point of contact. Obviously since his whistle was first, therefore no "blarge". Both coaches bought it and we played on...me kicking myself mentally for the trip down the floor.

truerookie Sat Feb 02, 2008 05:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Duck
I have had one and it was this year. I was L (3 whistles)...very loud gym...there is a crash right on the edge of my peripheral (sp) vision. I held my whistle for a moment but A was definetly disadvanted in attempting the shot so I hit the whistle and call a block. I look up and the T is standing right there...fist in the air...other hand behind his head... both coaches start yelling.

The T reports his foul then tells both coaches his whistle was a couple of seconds before mine...evidenced by him having time to make it all the way to the point of contact. Obviously since his whistle was first, therefore no "blarge". Both coaches bought it and we played on...me kicking myself mentally for the trip down the floor.

If it's Feds penalize both since both signals were given and go POI

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Feb 02, 2008 05:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdogrunnin
AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Not another freaking BLARGE!!!

I beat you to it.

MTD, Sr.