The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Pre game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/41472-pre-game.html)

Bearfanmike20 Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:29am

Pre game

As a first year official, I do mostly lower level games. 5th - JV. Anyway, I make sure I do a pregame when and if possible every time. Why, I think it clears alot of things up about how to act and how I'm going to act during the game.

I cannot even tell you how many coaches have thanked me for doing somthing that we are already soposed to be doing. Its amazing to me. I've also noticed a big difference in how the players and coaches act during a game that had a pre game vs games where the pre game was skipped.

Jurassic Referee Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
I cannot even tell you how many coaches have thanked me for doing something that we are already supposed to be doing.

How do the coaches know that you're doing a pre-game?:confused:

Bearfanmike20 Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

Um... the Coaches and Captains meeting.

Gimlet25id Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:43am

Quote:

:D

chartrusepengui Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:58am

Oh - you meant a pre-game, not a pre-game!

JRutledge Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:36am

Bear,

The proper term is coaches or captain's meeting or pre-game conference. Pre-game involves you and your partner talking about where you are going to go and how you will officiate the game.

Peace

Bearfanmike20 Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge
Bear,

The proper term is coaches or captain's meeting or pre-game conference. Pre-game involves you and your partner talking about where you are going to go and how you will officiate the game.

Peace

Comprende. Lo siento....

Sorry, I misunderstood.

fullor30 Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:33pm

Quote:

Bear,

Peace

And post game is at the Dew Drop Inn.

JRutledge Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30
And post game is at the Dew Drop Inn.

I am sure that is too far for me. This weekend it will be the Villa Nova in Villa Park. When I am in the city it is the Illinois Bar and Grill on Taylor St. in Chicago.

Peace

fullor30 Tue Jan 29, 2008 02:03pm

Quote:

I am sure that is too far for me. This weekend it will be the Villa Nova in Villa Park. When I am in the city it is the Illinois Bar and Grill on Taylor St. in Chicago.

Peace

I'm not in a regular crew and really miss not going out for a pop or two to talk about the game or reffing in general. Half the fun for me is commiserating with the 'boys'.

Ever go to the vernon tap off Taylor street? Or Magnolia's on west taylor for breakfast? imported maple syrup, just good eatin'

LDUB Tue Jan 29, 2008 04:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearfanmike20
Comprende. Lo siento....

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Comprende is the present indicative and imperative (command) forms of the verb comprender. You want to use the preterite tense which would be comprendí. I would also say entender is more common that comprender. " No entendí " (I didn't understand) or " entendí mal " (I misunderstood).

Jurassic Referee Tue Jan 29, 2008 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB
Comprende is the present indicative and imperative (command) forms of the verb comprender. You want to use the preterite tense which would be comprendí. I would also say entender is more common that comprender. " No entendí " (I didn't understand) or " entendí mal " (I misunderstood).

http://www.forumspile.com/Care-Map.jpg

Bearfanmike20 Tue Jan 29, 2008 04:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB

and this is why I got a D in spanish... both years.... :(

26 Year Gap Tue Jan 29, 2008 04:55pm

Quote:

ROFL

fullor30 Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:05pm

Quote:

VERY NICE!!!