The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Disgusting display of sportsmanship -- (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/4137-disgusting-display-sportsmanship.html)

Mark Dexter Tue Feb 19, 2002 07:31pm

Re: Re: ARITHMETIC

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett

I didn't say that was the total of points in that quarter. I just said I'd never seen 132 points in the first quarter.

Please, be akkeritt.

Wow - someone studied under Bill Clinton!

rainmaker Wed Feb 20, 2002 02:53am

Re: Re: Re: ARITHMETIC

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett

I didn't say that was the total of points in that quarter. I just said I'd never seen 132 points in the first quarter.

Please, be akkeritt.

Wow - someone studied under Bill Clinton!

Bill Clinton was not the one who couldn't spell. In fact, he was a brilliant student and has a very acute and agile intelligence. I heard that he could do the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle IN INK, in 25 minutes. Unfortunately, he wasn't always too good as applying his learning to real life.

RX Ref Wed Feb 20, 2002 04:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: ARITHMETIC

I heard that he could do the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle IN INK, in 25 minutes. Unfortunately, he wasn't always too good as applying his learning to real life. [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard he could do the New York Times staff in 25 minutes.

bard Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:58pm

<Font Size = +4> ROFL!!! </font>

Mark Padgett Wed Feb 20, 2002 02:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ARITHMETIC

Quote:

Originally posted by RX Ref
I heard that he could do the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle IN INK, in 25 minutes. Unfortunately, he wasn't always too good as applying his learning to real life.
I heard he could do the New York Times staff in 25 minutes. [/B][/QUOTE]

I heard lots of interns studied "under" Bill Clinton.

Mark Dexter Wed Feb 20, 2002 03:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: ARITHMETIC

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker

Bill Clinton was not the one who couldn't spell. In fact, he was a brilliant student and has a very acute and agile intelligence. I heard that he could do the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle IN INK, in 25 minutes. Unfortunately, he wasn't always too good as applying his learning to real life.

It wasn't the spelling to which I was referring - I was referring to the guffaw of 61+61=132, and the "explaination" thereof.

Richard Ogg Wed Feb 20, 2002 05:53pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Slider
By rule, The opposing coach must play 5 while s/he has that many available.

I just had someone ask me where this is in the rule book. Since I didn't have my rule book at work.... Anyone know the reference that requires a coach to play 5 players if available?

Sven Wed Feb 20, 2002 06:27pm

Gesture of Fair Play

This should cover it:

Case Book
3.1.1 Situation: After six players have been disqualified, Team A has only four who are eligible to continue in the game as players. In a gesture of fair play, the coach of Team B indicates a desire to withdraw a player so that each team will have four players on the court.
Ruling: This is not permissible. Team B must have five players participating as long as it has that number available.

Sven