The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 17, 2002, 01:55am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

This morning I was doing Saturday little guy rec and my son Josh was working in the adjacent gym. He told me that when he went to the Association meeting the other night, a bunch of guys, including the commissioner, teased him about his shoes.

In a previous post, I mentioned that he called me and told me he forgot to take his shoes with him to a game (he usually goes straight from work and takes his stuff with him to the office) and could I bring him some black shoes before his game started, which I did with about 2 mintues to spare. I mentioned in the post that the shoes he did bring to the game were kinda' funky.

Apparently, there's a lot of guys here in Portland that read these posts, and he didn't know that. He does now.

I told Josh that he could log on and start telling all the "dirt" about me, but he said he didn't have time.

We'll see.

He told me that in one of his games this morning, a howler monkey came up to him at half-time and said, "I just have one complaint."

Josh told me he replied, "That's nice", then turned around and walked away.

Like father, like son.

And - for the guys in PBOA who are reading this, remember he is only like this in our local rec league, where he has been officiating for 9 years. In OSAA games, he's a true professional at all times. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be getting the schedule he is getting in only his first year.