The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

Is the unofficial Book considered Team Bench Personel?

Is the teams book person sitting at the table considered part of the team bench personel? After a game last night my patners and I were discussing the visiting teams book person. I hadn't noticed anything to be concerned about but one of my partners did. My partner said that on more than one occasion she made a very dramatic response to a call that is unsportsmanlike behavior. I know in the past I have had to just tell them no more etc etc., which I may not feel like doing anymore. The question is can you T her like someone on the bench? Do you just remove them? What about if it was the official home team book person at the table instead of the visiting teams unoffical book person?
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 03:42pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Tell her if she's sitting at the table, she's to withhold her comments and gestures. If she refuses to comply, she can go sit in the stands or on the team bench.

If it's the home book and the warning doesn't work, have him/her/them replaced.
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAZebra
Is the teams book person sitting at the table considered part of the team bench personel? After a game last night my patners and I were discussing the visiting teams book person. I hadn't noticed anything to be concerned about but one of my partners did. My partner said that on more than one occasion she made a very dramatic response to a call that is unsportsmanlike behavior. I know in the past I have had to just tell them no more etc etc., which I may not feel like doing anymore. The question is can you T her like someone on the bench? Do you just remove them? What about if it was the official home team book person at the table instead of the visiting teams unoffical book person?
No, the visiting scorer is NOT bench personnel. If she's an idiot, remove her from the table.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Jan 10, 2008, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

If she's sitting on the bench she's bench personnel, if she's sitting at the table acting a fool, tell her she has to go to the bench if she wants to talk like that, and as soon as she gets there whack her