The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

I just received a call from a school asking how the situation should have been handled from a contest last Friday evening. Sit down because you're not going to believe this story. Team A was beating team B by approximately 40 points. Towards the end of the contest team A was shooting a free throw. A1 was back at half court, along with B1. All of a sudden B1 takes A1's pants down to his ankles. Of course they're shooting the free throw and the two man crew did not see it because they were paying attention to the free thrower and the lane action. Team A called a timeout and asked the officials if a technical foul would be addressed? Since they didn't see it, they didn't call the "T" foul. Is this correct, or should they've called a "t" foul, since the team B coach admitted it occured?

Prior to this Team A coach and Team B coach had been bickering with each other through out the entire contest. T's are issued to players for taughting and baiting. Would you call a double technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct on these two coaches as they were being unsportsmanlike to each other?
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Hopefully these two officials will learn to watch the whole court. No you cannot give a T because both coaches admitted it. And yes you can give a T to the coaches. I would first warn the coaches. I would ask the coaches to get the players under control.
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 01:28pm
Esteemed Participant

Are you serious??? And the A player didn't deck the kid who pulled his pants down?? Did the B coach yank the kid out of the game???
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

DJ, that was exactly what I was thinking. What happened after the player pulled down the other guys shorts? Did they exchange phone numbers? What's going on in E.B.O.A.?
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

I've just learned that after it happened, A1 kept his cool. Even though everybody was in shock, the matter is being taken care of today. Probably, including an apology from school B to school A, and player B1 being punished severely.
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

This isn't the first time I have heard of this happening. The last time i heard of it, there was not any problems on the court afterwards(knock on wood). The player was shocked, got the attention of the officials and everyone held their cool.
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

In that were to happen in NC, the school could send the gam tape, if it was taped, to the state office. I'm sure they woul take care of B1.
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 06:21pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

But did he stare at his pants before he pulled them down?
Old Mon Feb 11, 2002, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

I was playing in a charity game for our local hospital over 10 years ago. It was our doctors against the nurses. During the game the doctors had a play where they all surrounded me when I didn't have the ball. I started thinking "what the heck?" Before I knew it they were trying to pull down my shorts. Fortunately for me, I was wearing button top shorts instead of elastic waistband shorts. They were unable to pull it off and I was able to fight my way out of the crowd. Should that have been a foul on me? Had they been able to get em down I wonder if I would have been asked to turn left and cough.