The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Twenty technicals in one game - all for delay of game! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40615-twenty-technicals-one-game-all-delay-game.html)

Mark Padgett Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:14pm

Twenty technicals in one game - all for delay of game!

Just finished working the annual game between Santa's elves and his reindeer. Although I didn't have any Ts against the elves for hanging on the rim, I did call twenty technicals on the reindeer for delay of game. Many times when they were guarding the inbounder, their antlers extended over the boundary.

I also had to toss Santa for yelling "HO" at me. I don't take that from anybody. Mrs. Claus finished the game for him. Despite the technicals, the reindeer won 72-0. It seems the elves don't have the strength to make the ball reach the basket. Dasher was high scorer but Blitzen led the team in rebounds.

One thing that really impressed me - Rudolph can really get up there!

They play by NF (Noel Federation) rules.

Sorry about all the Ts, Ralph. I'll work on that for next year. Maybe we can work the April Fools Day game together. ;)

Oh yeah - Mrs. Claus really has nice cookies!

JRutledge Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:18pm

Did you go nose to nose with Rudolph after the technicals?

Peace

Mark Padgett Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge

Peace

No, I was blinded by the light. :rolleyes:

JRutledge Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:26pm

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/blow/...bythelight.htm

Should I admit that I liked that song? :D

Peace

Nevadaref Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:00am

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...ages/santa.gif

budjones05 Wed Dec 26, 2007 02:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge

Peace

Was Rudolph uniform legal? It does say something about flashing shoes, but about about noses?

JRutledge Wed Dec 26, 2007 02:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by budjones05
Was Rudolph uniform legal? It does say something about flashing shoes, but about about noses?

Maybe one of our famed posters will cut and paste the interpretation from 10 years ago. ;)

Peace

Nevadaref Wed Dec 26, 2007 03:54am

Let's wait and see what the new Illinois manual says. It's supposed to tell us the very best way of doing everything. :D

grunewar Wed Dec 26, 2007 06:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I did call twenty technicals on the reindeer for delay of game. Many times when they were guarding the inbounder, their antlers extended over the boundary.

Why did you let the reindeer play with antlers? Seems to me this is a dangerous precedent! :rolleyes:

Coltdoggs Wed Dec 26, 2007 09:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
Why did you let the reindeer play with antlers? Seems to me this is a dangerous precedent! :rolleyes:

I was gonna ask if they were legal attire for the head or were they for religious purposes and cleared with the state association prior to the start of the season? :D

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
I was gonna ask if they were legal attire for the head or were they for religious purposes and cleared with the state association prior to the start of the season? :D

They all had medical notes. It seems the antlers (also called "racks") have something to do with their sexual performance and should not be removed.

Too bad Juulie wasn't working the game with me. That would have been fun to watch her avoid those things. :rolleyes:

rainmaker Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
They all had medical notes. It seems the antlers (also called "racks") have something to do with their sexual performance and should not be removed.

Too bad Juulie wasn't working the game with me. That would have been fun to watch her avoid those things. :rolleyes:

I find it's best to stay away from games where males feel a need to flaunt their sexual performance abilities. You guys can fight that out amongst yourselves!

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
I find it's best to stay away from games where males feel a need to flaunt their sexual performance abilities. You guys can fight that out amongst yourselves!

Juulie - is that what you've observed in games worked by ABC? :D

BTW - I worked this game with the Easter Bunny. His mechanics weren't that great but he was always able to quickly hop into proper position. We were supposed to work a three-person with Cupid, but he had to back out at the last minute. It seems he was still nursing a hangover from turkey day.

Coltdoggs Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker

Hey now...I wasn't going there....Besides, there is no fight, I'm a lover, not a fighter Juulie....and for the record I am good....I know this cause the little voices in my mind tells me so!:D

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:55pm

Forgot to mention - the thing that really scared Hoppy and me about Cupid what that in the locker room before the game, he was sharpening his arrows and muttering something about how nice Rudolph's head would look mounted on his wall. Hoppy and I decided to just lock him in and work the game ourselves.

Note to Ralph Malph: since the game was played outdoors, the inbounders could have moved back a few thousand miles if they wanted to, but it still wouldn't have stopped the reindeer from violating the boundary. :cool: