The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 09:17am
Esteemed Forum Member

"Subscribed Thread" ?????

From JRutledge: "Newer people do not know how to use the search feature"

I don't consider myself to be a new person, and I do know how to use the search feature, however, I'm sure that there are features that I either don't know about, or don't know how to use, because I do not consider myself to be very computer literate, for example, I have no idea what a "subscribed thread" is. Could someone please explain this to me? I know nothing about this feature.
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 09:26am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
From JRutledge: "Newer people do not know how to use the search feature"

I don't consider myself to be a new person, and I do know how to use the search feature, however, I'm sure that there are features that I either don't know about, or don't know how to use, because I do not consider myself to be very computer literate, for example, I have no idea what a "subscribed thread" is. Could someone please explain this to me? I know nothing about this feature.
From the FAQ (my emphasis):

What is email notification?
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.
If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.
Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.
Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 09:31am
Esteemed Forum Member

Prompt and Informative

JugglingReferee: Thanks for the prompt and informative response. I can't believe that you responded in only nine minutes. Don't you have some presents from Santa Claus to open, instead of posting on this Forum. My excuse is that I'm waitng for my adult children to get up so that we can open presents.
Old Tue Dec 25, 2007, 09:36am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
JugglingReferee: Thanks for the prompt and informative response. I can't believe that you responded in only nine minutes. Don't you have some presents from Santa Claus to open, instead of posting on this Forum. My excuse is that I'm waitng for my adult children to get up so that we can open presents.
Actually holding down the fort here, keeping an eye on the turkey.

My family has no kids yet (and also all adults), and since 2 family members work in a position where the operation does not close, they always take Christmas day so that two families with small children do not have to work Christmas day.