The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Game time clock issue (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40481-game-time-clock-issue.html)

rngrck Wed Dec 19, 2007 01:10am

Game time clock issue

Worked Freshman and JV game tonite. After 1st game, my partner (REF) tells the the timer to delay 10 minute start time for 2nd game until he returns from the locker room in 2 minutes or so. His return was apparentedly delayed and timer decides (possibly from the schools A.D.) to start the10 minute run off. We come out with clock running and partner decides to issue tech foul on home team because he didn't authorize the clock starting. Was this the right decision? Was he initially authorized to hold the clock from starting in the first place?

swkansasref33 Wed Dec 19, 2007 01:17am

thats extremely odd... I have NEVER heard of that before in my life. Im curious as to why he asked them to delay in the first place?

Y2Koach Wed Dec 19, 2007 01:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rngrck
Worked Freshman and JV game tonite. After 1st game, my partner (REF) tells the the timer to delay 10 minute start time for 2nd game until he returns from the locker room in 2 minutes or so. His return was apparentedly delayed and timer decides (possibly from the schools A.D.) to start the10 minute run off. We come out with clock running and partner decides to issue tech foul on home team because he didn't authorize the clock starting. Was this the right decision? Was he initially authorized to hold the clock from starting in the first place?

Ref gave home team a T for starting the pre-game clock before he came back from his #2??? He's full of $#!T...

Adam Wed Dec 19, 2007 01:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rngrck

He was out of line on all counts.
He has no business telling them to delay the start.
He has no business giving them a T.
Your partner has a god complex.

Johnny Ringo Wed Dec 19, 2007 02:53am

Why do refs act like this?

chartrusepengui Wed Dec 19, 2007 08:56am

Quote:

Ref gave home team a T for starting the pre-game clock before he came back from his #2??? He's full of $#!T...
You mean STILL full .........

Splute Wed Dec 19, 2007 09:25am

I wish the visiting coach had refused to supply a shooter... Ha, then what Mr I am in control? T everybody? No doubt the school will follow up on this one. Surely you are joking about this one?

kbilla Wed Dec 19, 2007 09:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo
Why do refs act like this?

Power trip...I don't get it, b/c all you are doing is setting yourself up for disaster....had something similar happen some years ago in a frosh girls game I believe...R said we are issuing techs for evey player who comes out with barretts, etc. I told him we had no rule basis for this, he said he didn't care...so the girls came out for the jump and he counted them out and we started the game w/ a bunch of FT's..just dumb...

Scooby Wed Dec 19, 2007 09:32am

This is just stupid. There are so many way that you get in trouble in game that you don't need to go looking for more. This guy does not have a clue about officiating.