The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Never happened to me before (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/40394-never-happened-me-before.html)

stripes Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02am

Never happened to me before

Had a boys V game last night that finished 55-53 with the H team scoring with 7 seconds left for the win. Not so amazing by itself, but we shot no bonus free throws for the entire game. It was great! The teams played defense down the stretch rather than fouling and the losing team came back from 7 down with 2:30 left to tie the game with under 1 minute left by playing pressure defense and stealing the ball in the passing lanes.

I hope some other coaches see the tape and try this method of getting back into a game rather than just fouling.

JugglingReferee Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:07am

Sounds like a great game!

Good job not letting it go to overtime!

(Kidding about the OT comment. :p )

Coltdoggs Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:24pm

NO BONUS? You missed some calls early! ;) :D

On a serious note...Gotta love that, clean games are great...in 7 years I might have had one or two of these at most...

Raymond Sat Dec 15, 2007 01:00pm

I'm pretty sure we had a game like that on Tuesday. Checking the boxscores we had 12 & 8, and the 12 were on the winning team. The losing team chose not to foul down the stretch, just pressure defense which did cause a few turnovers.

Corndog89 Sat Dec 15, 2007 01:11pm

My girls V game last night the visitors committed their first foul of the night with 6:34 to go in the 3rd period; only 4 for the entire game. Granted, home was verrrry inept (final score 63-12), but the visitors played fundamentally sound D throughout...it was great!

ranjo Sat Dec 15, 2007 04:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I'm pretty sure we had a game like that on Tuesday. Checking the boxscores we had 12 & 8, and the 12 were on the winning team. The losing team chose not to foul down the stretch, just pressure defense which did cause a few turnovers.

We need to trade schedules - In my girls V game last night we called 55+ fouls and they just wouldn't or couldn't stop. If we were getting paid by the foul, it would have been very rewarding night.

stripes Sat Dec 15, 2007 08:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltdoggs

On a serious note...Gotta love that, clean games are great...in 7 years I might have had one or two of these at most...

We must've missed 'em...;)

My 15th year and the closest I've come is 1 set of bonus shots.

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 15, 2007 09:37pm

Sounds like a great game!

Good job not letting it go to overtime!

(Not kidding about the OT comment.)

Back In The Saddle Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:17pm

Merry Christmas! Apparently Santa thinks you've been a very good referee this year. :D

Camron Rust Mon Dec 17, 2007 05:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltdoggs

Had a game last week where neither team got to the bonus in either half AND one player did foul out!! Imagine that.